Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

We're looking for volunteer moderators

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hours: 2-4 hours per week (preferably mornings and evenings)

Closing date: Ongoing

Do you have good attention to detail? Do you want to be part of an online community, offering support to window cleaners and business's? Do you have some time to spare?

The Window Cleaning Forum is looking to recruit volunteer moderators, to be a part of our community. Set up in 2010, it has become a thriving place where people provide advise, share experiences, encouragement and inspiration to each other.

As a Moderator Volunteer, you will play a vital role in creating and maintaining a safe space where people feel welcome and supported by ensuring forum users respect the rules of the forum, and each other.

What will I be doing?

• Reading through content of the WCF Community and making sure that users are abiding by the rules of the forum
  • Intervening sensitively in discussions when needed
  • Responding appropriately to any questions, concerns or disputes raised by using the staff handbook and staff room provided
  • Using IT equipment and online community forum technologies and systems to deliver a first-class customer service.

What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?

• Excellent written communication skills
  • Tact and discretion when communication
  • Ability to sort and order through written information
  • Excellent attention to detail
  • Comfortable with using the internet, navigating website and finding information
  • General IT skill

How much time will I need to commit?

We are asking our volunteers to give between 2-4 hours per week (preferably mornings and evenings).

What support will I be given?

• Introduction video about desired staff attitudes and moderating tools.
  • A staff handbook detailing your role, actions taken and expectations.
  • A dedicated staff room for clear and consistent communication between team members.

How to apply

To apply, please complete our online enquiry form.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so overlooked something. Forgot to ask for users name on the application form so have no idea who sent the first application in!

Edited the form now to included your username if applying

OK so overlooked something. Forgot to ask for users name on the application form so have no idea who sent the first application in!
Edited the form now to included your username if applying
I noticed that, so I put down my name as @Smurf :laugh:

I would love to do this but don't think I could give it the time it deserves ,also I only come on using smartphone /emoticons/sad.png

I did it years back for a car forum it was a lot of work but very rewarding

Latest Posts

Back