Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Driving me crazy help

joe34

Hi ,I put a post on here last night,as i'm having problems with my new ro .

After putting the new one in friday the water is still coming out quite high before it goes in the di vessel.

I phoned up soap national and he said yes its quite common to still get high reading check all the seals and put some Vaseline on them to make them stick.

Anyway done all that and flushed it through and then brilliant the water was coming out at 025 .....for 5 mins then it started creeping back up to 070???

It's starting to drive me nuts I don't know what eles to try? the last ro was a ultra low pressure as the pressure isn't good here and that was great this one is just a low pressure and it's just trickling out would that effect the reading?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know im starting to get a bald patch where im pulling my hair out im going to look like kojak before the night is out.

Im thinking about biting the bullet and buying a ultra low or ro ??

One thing I found with my 40 40 was air in the filter housings made the readings much higher at first. I dont know what your set up is like but both the prefilters on mine have a red button on the top which you press to bleed the air out. If I forget to do this after I change the filters it really affects the readings I get. I also found my membrane housing had air in the top of it so I had to lift the the end with the out hoses on up to force the air out with it running.

Just a thought might be your problem.

dont panic...as clive dunn would say..

an expert will be along soon to help..

all I can offer is...take it apart and put it back together again as making a good seal is vital.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Low water pressure definitely affects the TDS reading, to some extent. But 70ppm??? Blimey!

Is the rubber seal damaged maybe? or the membrane might just be a duff one?

Latest Posts

Back