Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Size Pump

i use a 100psi pump... from puirefreedom its part of my trolley setup.

A pump with a 70psi will be enough even but a 100psi pump can handle upt0 80ft easily /emoticons/smile.png

Are u traditional and wfp ? Because if your just wfp then i suggest a 100psi pump for long term use as you will need a bigger pole as some jobs you may need upto 40ft.

I started out with a 31ft pole and sometimes i got to use my 42ft pole to reach 3 storey windows.

But if your traditional then you havent got to much to worry about.

This is a 100psi and 12v 5.2lpm (litres per min) pump - This is the best pump on the market in my opinion, they are very reliable and purefreedom will always help you if you have a problem

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/12v-100psi-52lpm-shurflo-diaphragm-pump-p-258.html

Feel free to inbox me if you want to ask anything else off topic /emoticons/smile.png

like H said,

cant go wrong with a 100psi shuflo pump. these pumps pump my water through a 100m of hose and then up a 42ft pole with no problem!!!

every 1psi will pump water 2' vertically,.. so a 40psi pump would theoretically do the job. Personally I'd recommend a 60psi sureflow pump (They're the same pumps as the 100psi ones, just a different pressure switch fitted) as this will be more than enough to do even your higest work, but will put a lot less strain on connectors than a 100psi pump would. Its also better for use with a gas heater because the pump will cut out sooner when you stop the water flow at the pole. /emoticons/smile.png

Njones take it you have had bad experience with the 100psi pumps then?
Nope - just think its overkill.

I have a 100psi pump myself, but I've adjusted the pressure switch down to its 60psi minimum.

oh right, love my pair of 100psi, i like to have a to big from the start, there there is no need to buy an upgrade if it comes to it! you can always have that extra power whe nu need it to, just turn up controller and away you go!

The controllers don't affect the psi of the pump - just the flow rate. The PSI rating is simply the point where the pressure switch will cut out, nothing more.

Back