Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Upvc Cleaner Please??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi Guys

a customer wants me to restore her white pvc frames best I can before starting her windows monthly, which would you recommend for a really good clean ? and can it be used on white only or any ? thanks all

Paul1

Hi Guys
a customer wants me to restore her white pvc frames best I can before starting her windows monthly, which would you recommend for a really good clean ? and can it be used on white only or any ? thanks all

Paul1
Are you thinking of using WFP to restore the frames? Best doing that sort of job off a ladder. Get some uPVC cream cleaner or uPVC solvent cleaner and magic sponges.

go to screw fix i tried theres last week its great
1 cloth for rubbin on 1 rubbin off

also how much u charge for that mate
HI cheers

not sure how much to charge really was going to say £60 to £80 only small house she normally happy with what ever I say she a regular from my other business...

which one is that pvc cleaner mate? there own brand ? link appreciated if time cheers?

For heavy restoration I use this one

View attachment 4758

For light restoration ie just needs a freshen up and has a few marks here and there I use this one

View attachment 4759

Tried a few different types, most are good on light restoration but the above is my fav at the moment, cost wise you can't really put a price on each job imo as they all take varying times depedning on how much work is involved, I charge £30ph and everyone seems happy at that so far, did a full restoration of a double patio door last week that took me 2 hours, was coverd in paint splatter and gone all grey as was 15 years old. Got it looking brand new and they were chuffed to bits, far cheaper than replacing it!

For heavy restoration I use this oneView attachment 7096

For light restoration ie just needs a freshen up and has a few marks here and there I use this one

View attachment 7097

Tried a few different types, most are good on light restoration but the above is my fav at the moment, cost wise you can't really put a price on each job imo as they all take varying times depedning on how much work is involved, I charge £30ph and everyone seems happy at that so far, did a full restoration of a double patio door last week that took me 2 hours, was coverd in paint splatter and gone all grey as was 15 years old. Got it looking brand new and they were chuffed to bits, far cheaper than replacing it!
where did you get them from? @Trev81 cheers

I use ubik or virosol great stuff available on fleabay for £20 per 5ltrs never looked back since this stuff i just use it neat you can actually see dirt start to run off without rubbing just be carefull with rubbers dont leave it on too long

I use ubik or virosol great stuff available on fleabay for £20 per 5ltrs never looked back since this stuff i just use it neat you can actually see dirt start to run off without rubbing just be carefull with rubbers dont leave it on too long
You can get 10L for £20 off eBay.

did a upvc frame restoration for a women today she is a long standing customer and my god her seals were wrecked it was like pouring black paint on the frames lol has anyone came acrosss seals this bad before ?? ive done a gd few restoration jobs but never as bad before

yep peter got quite a few with really bad seals..

tenchy said you just have to hammer them over and over and eventually they come okay..

only noticed it these last couple of years seems to be getting worse..like ink some of em..

Back