Business partner

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Paul, Feb 29, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Do you guys think its a good idea to have a business partner?

I've been asked by a friend if he can start with me but I'm quite weary about it as I'm thinking it's going to take twice as many custys to get a decent round going.

And I really want it to be MINE lol, so I said no have I done the rite thing?
  2. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

it all depends on the type of person you are if you are determined and focused you will be ok on your own, but if you find that you slack off sometimes and need a kick up the **** sometimes its best to have someone with you to help you through tough bits on the other hand the person your going into business might drag you down and not have the same aspirations as you its a hard one to call. also take into consideration did you come up with the idea between you or was it your idea and your friend decided he wanted to tag along ?
  3. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Id say so bud. I had a business partner n ended up buyin them out coz they lost interest.
    And they then have a say in the direction of the business that you may not want to go down.
    Only up side is they bring money to the table and half ur bills. Unless they have an astablished round i wouldnt bother
  4. Iain

Iain Guru

Jan 26, 2012
    It really depends on what your prospective business partner intends to "bring to the table". Also you obviously need to consider how much of a "share" you're willing to give him in exchange for his service.

I'd consider hiring someone to handle some work but never give up a piece of my pie! So to speak...
  5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

Apr 25, 2011
    sometimes i wish i had a business partner, someone to do half the work and half the **** that goes with this job, i was even going to merge my business with someone elses but they wanted half of my business, but wanted to keep there seperate,

r u all ready established and he wants in now, or are you both just starting out together with nothing
  6. mr shine

mr shine Guru

Dec 9, 2011
    when i started a couple of years ago it was a partnership with a friend now i new he wouldnt last as he was a self employed sub contractor in construction and employed 70 odd men so he was use to the big money after 6 months and a lot of arguements he walked and i was glad as every job i done was all mine so straight away my earnings doubled if you reckon you are self motivated enough stay on your own as you will build your business twice as fast partnerships suit some people but not me good luck anyway
  7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Go with your gut feeling, if you felt wary about it you did the right thing!.
  8. Posh

Posh Hero

Jan 8, 2012
    I started this up so it was all mine and can say I run my own business. Been there with a partner and in my opinion don't work. Its not yours anymore but it's each to his own. Just not my cup of tea.
  9. white-light

white-light Guest

i know my windowcleaning rounds were a long time ago ( contemplating restarting though ) but i tried a few partners ? and as others have said it depends on who and why they want it , i had one partner for a long time and we both had rounds and both needed help at times and the company was fun as we got along rather well and it did help with those boring days i guess many windys get where you see nobody all day . I would say now the best way is to get enough work first then get someone to help , or chances are they will leave and try to get your hard work (round) for themselves , yup an idiot did try that on me but lucky for me i had been doing the round for some time and i only lost about a days work , i guess that is a lesson i will not ever forget.
  10. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh I have decided against it, I think the main reason is I'm greedy I want comfortable life for my family (while I slog my nuts in) after the horrendous amount of bad luck we've had I think we deserve it, that's what makes me really want it to succeed and I really don't want to share it AT ALL, but that's life look after your own.

Thanks for the replys guys ;)