Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plenty of work for window cleaners

rugbywolf

Near to my some of work there is planning to build about 250 houses. There has been other building of small estates in recent years. Now what percentage of these new houses will want their windows cleaned, let's say 50%, so that's 125 new work. Now, this is all very obvious, but what occurred to me the other day is that years ago, in the sixties and seventies, a lot of older type of houses were demolished to make way for the new ones, which meant not many more new customers were being created. So window cleaning is definitely a good opportunity for anyone today.

Only issue with 'new' estates around here is that as soon as the first occupant moves in at least 10 window cleaners hit it up at £4 or £5 believing that they are going to get every house on the estate so can do the low ball high volume game. It's never the case.

I do knock on and see what the deal is and I always keep to my standard pricing but what I have found is that simply leafleting them the first time will get you a handful that are wise to the the cheapo services but then leaflet them every three months for a year or so and you will get loads as the estate will start to recognize you as the regular reliable service. So I do not believe any one estate can be grabbed in one go but with persistence I reckon you can get results.

I once considered doing a 'free first clean' promotion for new tenants as long as they signed up for 12 months figuring that may get a few of the new builds on board but never actually put it to practice so don't know if it has legs.

Only issue with 'new' estates around here is that as soon as the first occupant moves in at least 10 window cleaners hit it up at £4 or £5 believing that they are going to get every house on the estate so can do the low ball high volume game. It's never the case.
I do knock on and see what the deal is and I always keep to my standard pricing but what I have found is that simply leafleting them the first time will get you a handful that are wise to the the cheapo services but then leaflet them every three months for a year or so and you will get loads as the estate will start to recognize you as the regular reliable service. So I do not believe any one estate can be grabbed in one go but with persistence I reckon you can get results.

I once considered doing a 'free first clean' promotion for new tenants as long as they signed up for 12 months figuring that may get a few of the new builds on board but never actually put it to practice so don't know if it has legs.
Hi, this is interesting, I would liek to chat to some of you guys whom no he score and been there done it. I am building and have a healthy round for the time I have been doing it, but I chopped off 16 customers that were all time wasters and made my round more neat and dont have to chase them anymore. I am slowing down in getting new customers and I do have plenty of days not working which is understandable as not been doing it long.

I need to know how to work new or very new estates, is there a heads up some window cleaners get? I did hit one new estate and they all had a window cleaner, really felt down, I have dug in and buil my round up, but I need about 80 more customers to be safe and earning the amount I want. Any ideas how bet to attack a new estate thats gone up or an eatate thats going up? Or even estates that are fairly new and may not all have a window cleaner? I was going to just flyer them all with my details etc and hen maybe door knock? Just that I have spent so much time online and trying to build up I am so tired and at present feel for the first ime this is geting hard now, 80 more customers needed, new build areas are vast near where I work so any advice would be great, thank you.

Back