Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lead Windows - How Do You Clean?

S

summershinejon

Boys....may sound a bit of a dumb question but I'm new to window cleaning and have just got my first few customers. While cleaning some windows a neighbor asked if I could do theirs. When i went round I noticed they have lead windows which obviously I can't squeegee the traditional way ( not to my knowledge anyway)

So I was wondering what is the best way of cleaning these types of window?

Cheers Jon

soap them up, rub most off with Terry weave micro fibre , then buff with flat weave micro fibre. (thats how i used to do them)

others use different ways , scrim etc but i`m sure some one will post the easiest way.

Bit of a pain but don't leave the soap to dry at the edges of the leaded diamonds ( squares ) will leave a grey shadow visible from insides

If poss, mop, blade and buff if they are double glazed. If they are proper leads then don't use your blade as the lead will cut it to ribbons. Just soap up with a wet scrim and buff with micro. Bit of a mare they are tbh.

I mop as usual then use a crappy blade purely for lead, quick wipe with a clean microfibre to get rid of most wetness then buff with a scrim, either that or use a glass cleaning spray from mr plastic then microfibre them! You'll soon find your own technique mate

As for price I'd charge £12 personally

Depends where in Midlands to be honest, most round me wouldn't pay more more than 12 but I'd want 15 if it's all leaded thats trad though, wfp 10-12.

WFP? lol

I use to wet cloth, dry cloth them. I started just soaping therm up normal then dragging the squeegee straight down taking much of the soap off. Then go over with a scrim with what's left on it

Hello again lads, how much would you charge for a typical Chinese takeaway outside, outside + inside 4 big windows
inside will be tough, a lot of grease, so charge well.
make sure you get what you want after costs ie tax.

Back