Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Residential only a 6 weekly only?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dundeeladdie

Hi Fellas.

Just hoping to pick your brains.

I'm thinking of only targeting residential customers when I start up. Is this a good idea?

Also rather than offering 4, 6 and 8 weekly options, only offering 6 weekly to keep the rounds simple to arrange.

Good idea or bad idea? What are the pros and cons of this idea?

Thanks all.

6 weeks sounds good, but if you just starting up, you will need a lot of custys? If you say four weeks and your a week or two late custys seem to be fine with that. I have 4 weekly custys and sometime get the feeling that they are surprised to see you so soon. I said to one today sorry for being late and they said not to worry about it. So I think 6 weeks is a good time schedule. All the best./emoticons/smile.png

If you say six weekly you'll still get people that want 4 weekly, and 8 weekly etc. You can stick to your guns on it but you could end up losing people. Swings and roundabouts though. Personally I always push for 4 weekly, and if people want anymore then that, they go down a little on the priority list as well as getting a higher price (more dirt, more dosh!), but they are still good to have for those quiet days.

As windowsurfer said, you'll need a lot of people to fill a month. But if you went to 4 weekly, you can always switch everyone to 6 weekly when your round gets fuller.

Ive got just under 200 houses - none of them is on a 4 weekly rota . I always do monthly or 6 weeks don't really like 8 weeks especially 12 weeks or more

I prefer to offer monthly cleans myself as I find it less constrictive than 4 weekly.

i have a moto this is wat i say to my custmers its eather every time or every other time ie 6/7 or 12/14 weeks ive had some say can i have then done every 3rd time i allways say no as its to mch hassel jumping about here there an every blady were stick to ur guns thats wat i say then that deters the messers when i first started i used to wrk on a 5 weekly or 10 weekly but 5 weeks seemed to quick for most people:)

I started 6 weekly, and now do most at 8 weekly. For me, there wasn't much of a difference between cleans at 6 week than at 8 weeks, and my particular customer base prefered 8 weekly, and it suited me. Though I also have an area that I cover 4 weekly.

For me, the 4 weekly, is cheaper terrace house cleans, and the others are either semis or detached houses.

i offer 4 weekly OR 6 weekly . most think theyre gettin the best deal by going for the 6 option. if i only offered 6 on its own im totally sure theyd try for 8 or 10

Back