Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any tips on this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

My usual method is to clear all the gutters, spray some ubix or G101 on the outside, scrub up with various brushes and rinse. Simples. But these slotted ones are a bas*a*d as they dirt drips out for ages if you get any liquid in the vents itself so has anyone got a clever way to do these?

Not really, I hate these vents, they suck, doesn't seem to matter what you do you will end up with big dirty droplets sat along it, rinse them off and they come right back....

My usual method is to clear all the gutters, spray some ubix or G101 on the outside, scrub up with various brushes and rinse. Simples. But these slotted ones are a bas*a*d as they dirt drips out for ages if you get any liquid in the vents itself so has anyone got a clever way to do these?
Microfibre cloth over your brush head at the end and quick sweep along the vents. Job done! No more dirty drips.

Get a ladder, wet cloth and soap over it, then dry off with a scrim, that's what we've always done, always works well, just charge more...

We have these new things called ' ladders' and you can buy ' cloths ' from eBay

As Calvin said, leave till the end Green.

We use cut up towels not microfibre though, more absorbent.

Also you could wrap a towel around ya applicator (T bar) on a Unger pole, works

well too.

Pretty sure Loz was just on the wind up, calm yer tits Green. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've done the cloth over the brush before and its worked well. As already said, just let it do its thing for a while, maybe even give it a few taps first to 'encourage' it out.

Blast em with brush with water on (stuff whatever is in the loft) and go over the slits again when they have stopped dripping with your brush with water turned off. Custy won't be able to see any lingering dirt drops that high up anyway /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah but that takes ages. I did that for 14 years. No need to now. Gotta move with the times!
I find it quicker and easier actually! Nothing worse than faffing about with a wfp trying to get the vent bits clean, much quicker just getting the ladders and wiping them over with a scrim after they've been scrubbed

I use an old towel draped over a 6inch applicator on a pole, do all the fsg with brush, rinse well but dont worry about drips, dry the first two sides of the house which should have finished dripping, clean the windows then dry the remaining two sides. If you use a large enough towel you should be able to fold it enough times to dry a whole side at a time.

Back