Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD THIS USE?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 6625 View attachment 6626 below is hopefully a 3 bedroom house I've just cleaned via wfp, I do appreciate it depends on numerous things but in general, how long should this property take to clean? How much water (in general) would it take, and probs more importantly, how much do I charge? ( North East England ) it will help me immensely chaps on loads of levels , cheers. View attachment 6625View attachment 6626View attachment 6625 View attachment 6626
I seem to have buggered it up, its a semi detatched house, only one front side and back lol

Going off topic a bit but how much do you normally charge to trad that one and how long would it take (one person) ?

I would guess it would take me about 15 minutes with clear access, including setting up wiping cills and doors, packing away and writing a ticket out. I would look at 20 minutes though as I couldn't do 4 of them an hour, but I could do 3 on a good day. But then it's what you achieve over the whole day that counts.

You have been cleaning windows for many years so you won't be as agile as the younger guys. My son in law would probably do that in 10 minutes but would be able to do 4 an hour easily. He will pop off 20 like that in 5 hours and then lose interest and go home.

As regards price, for us it would depend on the area even within our round. I would try for £9.00 in some areas but probably wouldn't get more than £7.00 in other areas.

A customer of ours moved a few years ago from a 3 bed semi we did with access problems to the 2nd bedroom window. We quoted £8.00 to the new tenants; job went to another windie for £6.00. She wanted us to beat £6.00. Woman in her late 20's. we charged £5 for that house 10 years ago.

Saltburn by the Sea area - North East.

How much water? I could pump 20 to 25 litres over that but my son would do that with his 20 litre backpack and might have a tiny bit spare.

Water usage also depends on the type of glass and where you are. We use more water on the sea front/facing houses than we do inland where the sea air has less of an effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks paddy.

Reason why I ask as I've found those type of windows with vents in the openers when wfping can be a reall pain in the ****.

Thanks paddy.
Reason why I ask as I've found those type of windows with vents in the openers when wfping can be a reall pain in the ****.
Would you clean doors ,frames , everything?

Yes, keep your eye on those vents at the back.
are the vents a problem,how so?

Would you clean doors ,frames , everything?
are the vents a problem,how so?
Doors and frames aren't any bother when you do them regular.

If the vents are dirty and you squirt water in it, dirty water will run out.

Doors and frames aren't any bother when you do them regular.
If the vents are dirty and you squirt water in it, dirty water will run out.
oh I see, one to watch for me then, cheers

I seem to be seeing a pattern with wfp, why are they mostly monthly?
When I was trad most of my round was 4 weekly with the odd 6 and 8, so I just carried on that rota. WFP really should be 6-8 weekly if I'm honest. I'm thinking of going 5 weekly if one quote I did comes in. Well, I will have to go 5 weekly if it comes in as I won't have time to fit it in on a 4 week rota.

When I was trad most of my round was 4 weekly with the odd 6 and 8, so I just carried on that rota. WFP really should be 6-8 weekly if I'm honest. I'm thinking of going 5 weekly if one quote I did comes in. Well, I will have to go 5 weekly if it comes in as I won't have time to fit it in on a 4 week rota.
you commercial like?

those vents aren't a problem if you give them a proper doing on the first clean, ive a block of flats with over 100 vents n never get a problem it takes me1.5 - 2hrs for maintenence but the first clean took 7 hrs as the previous lad never touched the top frames above the glass

Here in Derby I'd get £8 4 weekly first clean I'd estimate 20-25 ltrs as long as you know what your doing , 10-15 min on a maintenance clean from arriving to going and that would include doors sills the lot and possibly even faster once you know there not home

Latest Posts

Back