Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD THIS USE?

ide get £9 for that in my area 15 minits wrk i clean every 7 weeks /8 weeks, i clean eather every time or every other time keep it simple i also dont charge extra for every other time

10 every 4 weeks in belfast frames sills doors etc

take 15 mins not rushin it an allowing for hoses get stuck on whellie bins nd pots

I've a house just like that, £18 every 8 weeks, although my rent is definitely higher as well in London...

Depends which part of London too, some places i couldn't ask for more than £14

I seem to be seeing a pattern with wfp, why are they mostly monthly?
When we took over a trad round we had a lot of 2 weekly customers. So we kept that schedule. It was the customers that noticed that the windows stayed cleaner wfp than they did trad (no soap residue left on the windows for dust to stick to) and so they pushed for every 4 weeks. We live in a very close community and I guess they started talking and this was the outcome.

We were quite happy to move to 4 weeks because we started having a lot of 'leave it this time as the windows are still clean.' We also generated too much work to keep the schedule at 2 weeks. If you have a lot of 2 weekly customers then prepare an answer for when they ask you to go monthly.

I did remark that they pay us to keep their windows clean and not to clean them when they are dirty, but that answer wasn't good enough.

You will also find that whilst the windows are just starting to need a clean at 4 weeks, there is quite a difference between 4 weeks and 6 weeks. On the coast we see a clean that has 'stretched' to 8 weeks is starting to boarder on a first clean. I feel that it ceases to be a maintenance clean after 6 weeks for us.

im nort-east ish (wakefield) i would chatge £12 4 weekly, there certainly would be a lot of guys doing it for 6,7 or 8 quid round here but that would take me 20 mins wfp. if that house can be done in 10 mins i need to have a serious look at my working method as i wouldnt be condfident with spotting in 10 mins

Interesting reading everyones prices and times on this. Would take me 25 minutes and about 30 litres as a maintenance clean. 13 quid. I need a day out on the glass with Alex Gardiner.

Interesting reading everyones prices and times on this. Would take me 25 minutes and about 30 litres as a maintenance clean. 13 quid. I need a day out on the glass with Alex Gardiner.
You are new to this. Speed will come with time. Work slowly at reducing the amount of time you spend on each window.

If you spend 2 minutes then try 1 minute 50. Go back and check your work. Once you've settled in then cut it back again, just small bites.

yeh I would go for seven but could do it for six at a stretch ..if ..no one in..

I have a few like that I have put at eight and they seem to keep leaving me ten...well whats a windy to do?/emoticons/biggrin.png

certainly expect my 20 litre backpack to be enough...

does depend on type of glass of course...

and I could trad it for the same..

mind you ...i AM as you know a funny windowcleaner...:whistle: as I sort of have no regular system...any monthly work that is requested is done first week of every month and the rest when I can be bothered.:eek: well actually most people text me or email etc.

and you have special customers like pussy cat...I reckon a good six months since I last did it...the worst job in the world really but I like a laugh ...she no longer has thirteen cats its now down to ten...

thick leadeds with thick nets behind....and a bird table a foot from the window...

as you go through the first gate through the chicken run you have to shut the gate of course and then open the next...onto the slimey decking....do quarter of the conny as ....the other three is inside a netted area to keep all the cats in...she always makes me a cuppa but I always accidentally knock it over..oh and she phoned up last wednesday to cancel because of the rain..I ..er..had forgot I was going...:whistle:

ahh well crack on...

Last edited by a moderator:
also what slows you down when you first start is the hose not watching what your doing and rushing

not having your van parked at right plc

also if it is easier to trad than WFP learn to judge what is best

I put into practice the same advice you gave a few weeks ago Spruce and it's great advice, definitely cutting times down slowly. I think when first starting it's easy to over do it on the glass and it's just a case of building the confidence to be able to walk away from the house knowing you have done a thorough job and that it will dry perfect.

I would charge £10 for that and have many like this size for £10 and some £11, frames, sills, doors and wipe doors down so all neat and clean. Take me 20 minutes and packed up, using back pack and about 15-20L max. I can not do three an hour, driving to next custy etc set up and pack away, usually two in 50 mins. £20-£24 an hour i would average a day 9-4 odd.

and of course...

you have to find exactly where to park your backpack trolley or else..

its over she goes..

its just great when you remember the right spot to plonk it and off you go...takes a while../emoticons/biggrin.png

and of course...
you have to find exactly where to park your backpack trolley or else..

its over she goes..

its just great when you remember the right spot to plonk it and off you go...takes a while../emoticons/biggrin.png

why dont u bungee cord it onto a downspout or a fence post etc stop it flling over

well its not the back packs fault to be fair its the idiot operator thinking it will somehow find that missing few inches to get that last window../emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back