Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with tricky trad windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think i spotted them in b&q. Looked a decent price, but wasn't sure on how compatible is was. Not got a link to an angle adapter have you?
The trad poles in b&q are shite, i got one and they're only good when not extended. They dont hold tools as well as they could if they put 2 mins more thought into them

Go on Wintecs website and order unger adjustable crank with optiloc cone

Fit it like this vid

Job done

[media]

[/media]

harris poles [as in Bnq ] are good for trad. these are designed for painters but the reason they work well in window cleaning is they feel right in use + theyve well made adjustment cones . Whereas the poles specifically made for the job by Unger and Ettore have badly designed adjusters and altho strong they are quite clumsy to use

dd2b5873e36cb747caeb2d2b9f78c4a0.jpg

Did this today, no probs with the ladder mitts on. An A Frame would be even better but I haven't bought one yet.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I've been using a Harris pole but once you fully extend it I find it hard to undo
rub candle wax on the threads of the cones. this helps stop it sticking

After wrestling with it for most of the day. I thought I would give it one more go and somehow managed to loosen it to retract it!

I am going to add a little greace to the threads and see if that helps things.

Def. Go wfp ! I remember these dilemmas 10 yrs ago .. So glad i Got different tools today . You Could just buy a Backpack for These tricky ones , if you Wont go all-in on wfp .

Def. Go wfp ! I remember these dilemmas 10 yrs ago .. So glad i Got different tools today . You Could just buy a Backpack for These tricky ones , if you Wont go all-in on wfp .
Once I have a decent round, I will be going with a backpack option as soon as possible. Planning on wfp tops and trad bottoms.

Latest Posts

Back