Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Idiots

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did another firm not get fined a few months for doing the same thing above a shop?

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

It happens all the time as seems it's a common working practice for some strange reason.

I think as a kid they all wanted to drive a fire engine so this is the next best thing:D

Think both these fines are outrages , having his business splattered all over the tabloids will cost him more than enough

they have payed crazy price for there madness, must say they was unlucky some smart **** taking photo,s

learnt the hard way will never do that again

Surely some clever lawyer could have got them off this, by calling the van a 'mobile ladder platform with underside pedestrian access'? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if it was a van mounted cherry picker they might have got away with it.

But even then things can go badly wrong if you dont use them right

[media]

[/media]
The most common accident when using a van mount is when passing traffic hits the sticky out bit not just the cage.

Had all my ipaf licenses at one stage but didn't renew them as don't use them anymore , van mounts always scared me the most , only used then a dozen or so times thank god

That's a nasty video

A cleaner I knew said he hired a cherry picker n it started to move, someone didn't put the brake on n it rolled into a brand new bmw, he had to pay for the damage:confused:

That's a nasty video
A cleaner I knew said he hired a cherry picker n it started to move, someone didn't put the brake on n it rolled into a brand new bmw, he had to pay for the damage:confused:
Must of been a tow behind because no cherry picker has manual brakes

I think it is to do with their responsibility to sub out work to safe competent people

They are supposed to know how it is being done what methods etc when they give the work out

All to do with the hse

Yea, that makes sense ..... bit unfortunate though.

Well they say **** Poor Planning equals **** Poor Performance ...... but in their case a big fine and some **** Poor Publicity instead.

Note to self, get bigger ladders or abseil down lol.

P.p.p.p.p.p.is a good moto to go by

Also legally if you had a fall on a customers property even some old dears house they can be at fault

by agreeing for you to do the work they make their selves liable as they should know how and what you will be doing

The law is weird

Back