Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paypal accounts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I uses to have a normal PayPal acc but moved to a business acc 6 months ago as I thought I could sign customers up to automatic payment ,this seemed too difficult so I ditched the idea since moving over it seems PayPal keeps the odd PayPal payments for weeks sometimes over a month before even notifying me about it ,I'm binning the business acc and going beck to a personnel acc it did everything I needed except cost a fortune .

I use Paypal Business and have had no issues with it, other than a recent upgrade. They changed the layout and confused me a bit but once I was used to it again all has been well.

cheers gav I does although I was really after personal experience like abs
If I didn't have PayPal m8 I'd be out collecting but with PayPal set up on my website I never collect in the evenings and that alone is worth its weight in gold

sorry I never explained properly I do get paid by paypal, but they now say im nearly at my limit £1800 in last year so have to upgrade to either a premium or business account, I don't have a website so I didn't know which would be best (cheapest)

There is no charge (as far as I recall) for changing to a business account. They will hit you up for about 40p per transaction though but remove your limits.

we also blew the £60 and got the Paypal card reader which is the best thing out there you can take debit or credit cards on the spot.

We had it for about three months and the biggest benefit is you don't need to call twice for your money. what you pay in charges you save in fuel and time. And also it really sorts out all the time wasters that never wanted to pay you anyhow.

Phone their help line I have always found them really helpful.

There is no charge (as far as I recall) for changing to a business account. They will hit you up for about 40p per transaction though but remove your limits.
we also blew the £60 and got the Paypal card reader which is the best thing out there you can take debit or credit cards on the spot.

We had it for about three months and the biggest benefit is you don't need to call twice for your money. what you pay in charges you save in fuel and time. And also it really sorts out all the time wasters that never wanted to pay you anyhow.

Phone their help line I have always found them really helpful.
Hey m8, are they additional charges with the card reader or do you just buy it and that's it ?

Charges are on their web site. But i think it'it's like 3.4 percent and 30p per transaction. Bout 50p on a tenner. BuT check their site for accurate rates.
Sounds just the same price as usual ,may look into it more as sounds very handy for the customers who say " I've not been to the bank "

To be honest I have no real concept of time, I got it beginning of winter last year as in the summer I don't mind being out on a nice evening cruising around collecting but in the winter it sucks so I got it to cut back on collection times.

To be honest I have no real concept of time, I got it beginning of winter last year as in the summer I don't mind being out on a nice evening cruising around collecting but in the winter it sucks so I got it to cut back on collection times.
Luckily I never collect anymore if a customer won't pay online or do bank transfers I ditch them

Last edited:
Back