Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Balls lots of them

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Now that is rather novel to see even for myself...I did ask "have you had your walls insulated recently by any chance" and the reply was " yes why do you ask" then I showed the guttercam image as you do.

At least we know now they hopefully filled the cavity to the top. And no I did not mention having a look in the loft

View attachment 3735

Needless to say the other side aspect of the property the downspout was blocked too but not with balls this time

View attachment 3736

The lady had vermin in her loft so the pest control guy blocked off the bottom of the drain pipe with a mesh, So now I'm betting now the whole run of downpipe is doing to be blocked too not just the bends.

Bless em :D

This is also what a gutter run looks like when it has been raining and the downspout is blocked if no one has seen this before like @Jimroot

View attachment 3739

Best you don't stand underneath it on your ladder when you go to unblock it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Through recommendations, website and regular customers. I only have a very small window cleaning round so not much works comes by that way

Great Balls of Mire

Thanks for sharing.

I gutter cammed my front gutter today, I think it might have an alignment issue as doesn't looked blocked enough with a dry but near the down spout to be a down spout block. Was too busy testing the water fed pole to vac it today. Managed to use 30L pure on four windows and a bit of a fascia scrub :-(

I'm building a down spout 180 bend to have a crack at spout entrances.

Looking at your swimming pool pic makes me glad I bought the vac, I can Hoover all that water out before dealing with it.

I find trapped water like that is a big bonus to be honest as helps flush the guttering through once downspouts are unblocked (whoosh) /emoticons/smile.png

Then any debris left up there I can either do from ladders or use a guttervac /emoticons/wink.png

How bout the downspout unblocking? I know you've said before about check for screws in the pipe, would that be first port of call? Then the top of the spout?

Do you clear out the drain after ?

Would rather know the best obvious places to start. Glad I bought carbon wfp no poles i wouldn't like to control aluminium at these extension lengths

That one was cleared by just putting my gloved fingers in a wiggling them around which took seconds to clear. However if that had not worked I would have dismantled the bends. The downpipe at the bottom was above ground with a left guard over the drain so caught most of the crud.

From the time I arrived set up the ladder to clear the blockage, move the ladder once more to clear the guttering of debris (using a pro tool on a pole) and packing away took me about 30 mins to do. I did drag it out a bit as the chap made me a cuppa so we had a little chat aswell . That one was an easy £65 earnt then I was on to the next job.

I would say If you can't earn good money doing gutter clearing then you are doing something very wrong. /emoticons/wink.png

Nice one,

I made a meal of mine, but I guess 90% of the time was either learning to use the gear or drinking coffees ;-)

I'm looking forward to some cash now, All I've bought the last two months now is gutter or window related, I even sacrificed on my favourite tea bags to fund this kit :-(

I've bought a website, joined FB, and got 250 flyers and 250 cards arriving Monday.

Just remember to take your time and not rush the job especially using your ladder system as gutter clearing is dangerous work.

If you saw me work, you'd know rushing isn't the likely issue, not turning into a garden gnome would be more likely ;-)

Hopefully this time next month I'll have earnt enough to treat my wife to a belated valentines gift, maybe a new feather duster or a hostess trolley ;-)

Or maybe a new garden nome for the one you broke or was that franks fault?/emoticons/biggrin.png

Most days franks round my house doing his thing. I glued my broken glasses to my hand yesterday and had a frieghtening five mins with the White spirit extracting the bugger. And that was after frank put his new vac down on them. :-(

I should probably be locked in a padded cage away from humanity for mine and their sakes, but it wouldn't pay the mortgage.

Was thinking of glueing the gnomes hat back together but it's safer for him and me left as a reminder I reckon, or use the duck tape on him like I did on my specs in the end

Back