Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm pencil jets and supreme medium hybrid brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've only been wfp 4 months trev..i just look a lot on utube and play about on my own house to find what works for me

Conservatories i turn the water off to scrub the frames and surrounds once ive done the top edge

Then water back on for the glass and rinse

Don't seem to use a lot like that

You have to find a balance between speed of clean, cost of water and how much water you can carry. What suits one person may not suit another

lol i use around 500 litres a day i run my controller at 80 and the speed i can work is unreal the water falls on the glass so much better at rinsing

I turn water off between each window @Trev81 , and usually clean around 12 houses a day,

I don't seem to use much water at all in a day, I don't know why, but i know that the higher flow speeds up my work, and also the 3mm jets really help save water, because more water is gushing down the window than with 2mm jets,

2mm jets tended to just spray all over the place, but the 3mm jets make it seem a lot more like two mini jugs are pouring water down the glass, so that means the rinse is quicker, and I believe that's the reason im using less water, because I'm not standing there rinsing for ages and ages

You have to understand optimum water flow, for many of us this is a variable, for me however it is 1L per minute.

This is some advice that was given to me some years back by an old hand in the game.

Unlike Jake I am a fan of fan Jets, and I also use an inline tap so I can turn water on and off between windows.

I do between 20 & 25 houses a day on my rounds and my 500L tank lasts for between 50-65 jobs.

Also remember that first cleans require more work but service cleans should be a matter of minutes.

The speed at which you work also comes into it, I start at 8 and I am flat out for 6 hours and done by 2, some of you may prefer to potter along and do fewer in a day and all of these factors will govern your water consumption.

If you really want to save water, get an applicator and squeegee.

Why would a water pump fitted on a large tank use less water than one fitted to a small tank (trolley) ?

I shoved some 3mm jets in my brush on Sunday night, they were back out Monday night. I found the flow had to be at 60 minimum to get the water to not dribble out and on phobic glass it still beaded the same. My conclusion was that I would be using more water with 3mm jets at 60. I'm back to 2mm jets at 50.

Mines a van mount and if I'm working alone I will use about 300-350l a day with my controller set at 45. Just thought I would stick my two pennith worth in

Mines a van mount and if I'm working alone I will use about 300-350l a day with my controller set at 45. Just thought I would stick my two pennith worth in
Maybe you do a lot of houses, as my 750 litres sometimes lasts up to 10 days, and that's at 75 on flow!

I shoved some 3mm jets in my brush on Sunday night, they were back out Monday night. I found the flow had to be at 60 minimum to get the water to not dribble out and on phobic glass it still beaded the same. My conclusion was that I would be using more water with 3mm jets at 60. I'm back to 2mm jets at 50.
I use 75 flow with 3mm jets, yeah at below 60 it's useless tuffers, but I was running 80 with 2mm jets

Maybe you do a lot of houses, as my 750 litres sometimes lasts up to 10 days, and that's at 75 on flow!
That equals 75 litres a day :confused: with a flow rate of 75 :confused:. That's just 3 barrels a day. You sure you've got your maths right Jake?

With my 750 litres, at around 12 litres a house, that works out at about 12 houses a day done wfp over 5 days @Trev81 , so I'd say that's about right,

The weird thing for me though is that I'm using less water with higher flow now, and I think it's because I used to spend so lon rinsing that I was using more water overall per house, whereas now, I'm using more volume of water but over A much shorter period of time, so it's actually saving me water...

Especially with those little square divider windows, they take ages to rinse with low flow, fast flow and 3mm jets shifts the dirt down so quickly, more volume = faster rinsing for most windows, it has worked for me, and as I buy my water now, i don't tend to waste it, I try to use a method that will save me a trip back to the water seller! So it's not like I'm even making it up, the 3mm jets and the faster flow speed me up and also ironically save me water

And if greens 500litres is lasting him between 50-65 jobs @Tuffers tjen were in the same ball park zone... As mine works out around the same

So it's not just me, perhaps some of you guys are standing at the window day dreaming while you rinse?! /emoticons/biggrin.png

75l per day ÷ 12 houses =6.25l per house

That's pushing it a bit

Whatever jets or flow rate how can you do a house with half the water i use and i use bare minimum

Obviously some WFP guys are doing it wrong somewhere. Either too little rinsing or too much. But who is doing it wrong, the ones using more water or the ones using less?

Back