Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm pencil jets and supreme medium hybrid brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why would a water pump fitted on a large tank use less water than one fitted to a small tank (trolley) ?
Might have been thinking about the pump speed on troll

75l per day ÷ 12 houses =6.25l per houseThat's pushing it a bit

Whatever jets or flow rate how can you do a house with half the water i use and i use bare minimum

Who you talking about Dave? As 75l X 5 is no were near my 750 litres?

At 12 litres a House my 750 litres would clean 60 houses, which is why my tank lasts all week

You said you do 12 houses a day and last 10 days sometimes

That makes 75 litres a day

Divided by 12 houses makes 6.25 litres per house

Obviously some WFP guys are doing it wrong somewhere. Either too little rinsing or too much. But who is doing it wrong, the ones using more water or the ones using less?
Well to be politically correct - no ones wrong, just different ways of working, whatever works best for the user...

wouldnt you love to have my free water supply i use 3 pumps with 3 lines running into the pump and 6 jets i use alots of water

joke

/emoticons/smile.png):windowcleaner:

You said you do 12 houses a day and last 10 days sometimesThat makes 75 litres a day

Divided by 12 houses makes 6.25 litres per house
Yeah but of course I don't do dead on 12 houses a day Dave, were forgetting variables here, small houses, some done trad, some offices etc, all these things will massively effect the tank life, but there are times when I won't need a refill for a week and a half yes

If i could work like that i could half my water costs
Up your flow and get 3mm jets then /emoticons/biggrin.png:p

Why would I make it up? No reason to, I buy my water as well Dave, I'm not interested in wasting it, remember i do also have the ability to stop the water at the touch of a button between windows, I'm only ever using water on the glass.

Also remember the commercial jobs I do I save a lot of water, as I'm hitting a day rate much quicker with much less work than I would with domestics,

Loads of variables, but the fact is my tank lasts a week easy,

If greens 500 litres lasts him up to 65 houses, then he also is using the same water give or take a few houses

im over rinsing because im new but i use 250 to 300 litres for a half day. thats about 20 houses and my missus working trad on bottoms. she cant keep up so i do a lot of the bottoms too with pole. thats with a 30 flow and 2mm jets. but from my limited knowledge id say its far better to over rinse than under rinse. mind you these are all new build houses with building work still going on so very dusty work

Jake i agree with the higher flow less water used definately but is there any chance you could do a video of the technique you use on a daily basis. i think some of us just want to make sure the window is rinsed well and over rinse doing so. No one wants to waste more time on a job when you dont have to. Time and motion being the key .

I don't over rinse..unless it's a first clean it only needs 1 quick rinse

Perry from reach-it has done a few vids about it and the speed at which you move the brush across and down the glass to rinse makes no difference if it's quick or slow as long as the whole glass is covered..you can rinse surprisingly quick i have learnt from trying it

Jake i agree with the higher flow less water used definately but is there any chance you could do a video of the technique you use on a daily basis. i think some of us just want to make sure the window is rinsed well and over rinse doing so. No one wants to waste more time on a job when you dont have to. Time and motion being the key .
Yeah I can do, I don't rinse for long on normal glass, I rinse a lot more on hydrophobic though

how can you rinse quick on hydrophobic glass. i find im dropping about an inch each pass to make sure i rinse properly. hate glass like that

how can you rinse quick on hydrophobic glass. i find im dropping about an inch each pass to make sure i rinse properly. hate glass like that
I said I rinse 'a lot more' not faster lol

So I've been wondering this for some time now regarding flow rate and I see from this thread that's peoples flow rates vary some what? Do all flow controllers operate the same way? My flow rate is usually set at 28 so is that to low? I'd be interested in what you boys set yours at?

Back