Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by window washer, May 20, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I am at that stage again where I need to do more canvassing. which I hate doing with a passion (and I have a sales beckground)!
    I was wondering what is and what isn't appropriate regarding times to canvass.
    I canvass during the weekdays and up to 7pm ish but it's the weekends - is it okay to canvass on Saturday's/ Sunday's or should these be left well alone?
    Any advice or tips please???
  2. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    I use to find sunday evening between 5pm and 8pm as long as top gear isn't on a really productive time to canvass,most households are chillin and getting ready for the week ahead and not quite got all those jobs done like cleaning the windows LOL called on one guy once and he had spent all day trying to clean his windows he was well glad he didn't have to do them again.Go for it.
  3. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

We canvas between 5:30- 7:30pm week days and anytime weekends. :0) we find it good just to say "sorry for disturbing you" and that way if you have disturbed their dinner or their evening they are cool about it.
  4. Door2DoorPro

Door2DoorPro Guest

Have you thought about enlisting the help of a canvassing company?

You pay 2 x the clean price once the customer has paid, so if they don't pay or they cancel because they just wanted a one off, you don't pay the company. You just pay for the long term customers. Assuming you do a good job.

Over a year the £20-30 you spent turns into £120-180, thats a fantastic return!

So on a £15 house, technically you do a free clean and then pay the £15, paying £30 for a customer that will return hundreds.

take a look at the website and get in touch.