Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6Mm Hose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

Hi, My hose is coming to the end of it's life it's looking like i'm going to have to replace it soon.I use the 8mm hose but I've been told the 6mm is much more easier to use and doesn't get caught up and snag so much does anyone have experience of using both? what's the best?

I've got a two man system so the pump is always on the go ,going to a 6 mm will it put to much pressure on the pump? any advise would be helpful thanks .

Joe

I uses 8 mm, just going what I've read online people have said 6mm no good,

I purpose 6mm will take less of the real up

I use 6mm hose and much prefer it. It is quite a bit lighter and more maneuverable. Having sold both 6mm and 8mm now for many years, we have found that we sell about 3 rolls of 6mm Microbore for every 1 roll of 8mm Minibore.

It does restrict the flow rate a bit, but if you have a decent pump it is not usually an issue. However if you are sharing a pump between two reels then it may be a little too much for it and the flow would be too slow. I have in the past run 2x 100mm of 6mm from a single Flojet twin diaphragm pump (higher flow rate the the triplex) and it worked well if the hose reel lengths were matched.

I use 6mm hose and much prefer it. It is quite a bit lighter and more maneuverable. Having sold both 6mm and 8mm now for many years, we have found that we sell about 3 rolls of 6mm Microbore for every 1 roll of 8mm Minibore.

It does restrict the flow rate a bit, but if you have a decent pump it is not usually an issue. However if you are sharing a pump between two reels then it may be a little too much for it and the flow would be too slow. I have in the past run 2x 100mm of 6mm from a single Flojet twin diaphragm pump (higher flow rate the the triplex) and it worked well if the hose reel lengths were matched.

That's what I was told that it's a lot easier to handle .I've got a 100psi shurflo pump running two 100m 8mm hoses if swapped over do you think it's a good idea to add another pump?

Back