Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van off the road

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Has he turned up yet? :rolleyes:
He turned up at Four, did a little testing, declared it was the indictor flasher relay, said he didn't have one, charged me £45 and left. So I'm off to the main dealer tomorrow...............

In truth its not the £45 to the lecky or even the £50 for the part that I'm annoyed about. It's the potential of loosing more earning time tomorrow. I have lost Fri, Sat and today already........:mad:

In truth its not the £45 to the lecky or even the £50 for the part that I'm annoyed about. It's the potential of loosing more earning time tomorrow. I have lost Fri, Sat and today already........:mad:
yeah wait for those dealers door open in morning first in queue

Can't you get the same part cheaper at a local motor factor rather than going to a ford main dealer?

Can't you get the same part cheaper at a local motor factor rather than going to a ford main dealer?
I have been ringing around but only one place thinks they have it so I will go there first and try to save £20.

If not it will be up to Ford.

Check if you have a bennets or webbs near you

both the same company and are very good at getting parts

Shame I don't get cost price anymore now brother in law isn't running the show

At least only 5 minute job to swap it

keep us informed...we all have our fingers crossed...my daughter ...she who took a defo dodgy short cut across the verge and smashed her wishbone up ....just got a new mot ...so there is hope..../emoticons/biggrin.png

not being able to work because of car trouble is a real pain....

Here is the update...............

Firstly I'd like to thank Eclipse for his help and advice, here and via PM. He is a top bloke.

Went to Euro Car Parts to collect the relay and immediately saw it was too small and had only four pins. Mine is longer with five pins. They checked their computer systems but the computers insisted it was the correct relay. They tried to source my relay but after 30 mins advised I go to main dealer.

As I drove away I past ALLPARTS breakers yard and decided to give it a shot.

After climbing around and over three scrapped transits I arose triumphant in a cloud of dust holding aloft a relay. I rushed to the front desk clutching my prize tightly for fear of dropping it and it bouncing away under shelving and out of my reach.

I paid the requested sum of six gold coloured coins and headed for my van, my stomach tightening in anticipation of there being a successful outcome. With bated breath I slide the small black box of magical tricks into its partner and.............It Worked!

So the lecky was spot on. I now have working indicators and hazard lights.

Thank you all for your help and interest.

You are a good bunch.

Cheers.

Nice one:thumbsup:

Here is the update...............
Firstly I'd like to thank Eclipse for his help and advice, here and via PM. He is a top bloke.

Went to Euro Car Parts to collect the relay and immediately saw it was too small and had only four pins. Mine is longer with five pins. They checked their computer systems but the computers insisted it was the correct relay. They tried to source my relay but after 30 mins advised I go to main dealer.

As I drove away I past ALLPARTS breakers yard and decided to give it a shot.

After climbing around and over three scrapped transits I arose triumphant in a cloud of dust holding aloft a relay. I rushed to the front desk clutching my prize tightly for fear of dropping it and it bouncing away under shelving and out of my reach.

I paid the requested sum of six gold coloured coins and headed for my van, my stomach tightening in anticipation of there being a successful outcome. With bated breath I slide the small black box of magical tricks into its partner and.............It Worked!

So the lecky was spot on. I now have working indicators and hazard lights.

Thank you all for your help and interest.

You are a good bunch.

Cheers.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:eek:h its just great when that particular problem is out of the way...and itsSPCleaning are go..back to the grindstone...i bet that moment felt soooo soooo good...:cool:

Back