Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oh dear!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AJ windows

Seems I've upset another window cleaner by going in a showhouse and approaching them about builders first cleans. Seems he's already doing them or thinks he is. Told his windy friend if he's that ****** off tell him to pop my house. Think I'll get some transparent stickers made up saying these windows are cleaned by. ...... haha

Seems I've upset another window cleaner by going in a showhouse and approaching them about builders first cleans. Seems he's already doing them or thinks he is. Told his windy friend if he's that ****** off tell him to pop my house. Think I'll get some transparent stickers made up saying these windows are cleaned by. ...... haha

Not the one who texted you to keep off his patch again?

Not the one who texted you to keep off his patch again?
Don't think so, think next one who moans I'll put on his ****. Starting to annoy me a bit now, if they haven't got the balls to call me if they have a problem they need to keep stum, I'm not even undercutting them, I'm 50% dearer lol.

Offer your services as a canvasser for him, since hes clearly desperate and unable to get/keep his own work- that should wind him up. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Offer your services as a canvasser for him, since hes clearly desperate and unable to get/keep his own work- that should wind him up. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Daft thing is he's got in excess of 8 weeks work, which is why he's losing customers in first place. People round here was 2 or 4 weekly tops and structure so they know when their Windows getting done. He seems to think customers are loyal. Well they are if you give them what they want, otherwise they'll look elsewhere.

Go find where the other window cleaners live and flyer bomb their house /emoticons/biggrin.png:rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

If I were you, which I am not. I wouldn't be treading on fellow window cleaners toes. But that's just me :think:

If I were you, which I am not. I wouldn't be treading on fellow window cleaners toes. But that's just me :think:
Jimmy, I put leaflets out in roads as and when I get a job in that road. Then people ring me for quotes. I have not taken work off anyone. Its more a case of They assume the people who haven't got,a window cleaner is theirs. I don't buy work in and have no intention on doing so when there is plenty of work out there to be gotten. My price structure is higher than most because I'm fully legal and insured, whereas the majority are not around here. There are in excess of 100 window cleaners in this town and I'm yet to come across one that meets my standard of work in terms of finished product. So feel free to tell me what you think I'm doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong mate.

You may, or may not be the finest window cleaner Grimsby has ever seen. I just think it is best to have respect from, and to, other window cleaners around you. It is, in my opinion better to get along than not to.

You are not doing anything wrong mate.You may, or may not be the finest window cleaner Grimsby has ever seen. I just think it is best to have respect from, and to, other window cleaners around you. It is, in my opinion better to get along than not to.
I've introduced myself to every window cleaner I've come across whilst working and being of a managerial background I'm polite in my manner also.

If every new window cleaner was to assume all houses are already being cleaned, the majority of houses would be uncleaned. In regards to toes, non of the window cleaners that clean in my area are from my area so maybe it's my toes being trodden on. One thing I won't be is walked on or intimidated. Suggestions that my van might end up in flames is quite funny, mind you I did reply by saying I need a bigger van anyway with the amount of work I'm picking up

that is a good point aj....i have found windys coming an awful long way to work where i live and i find that really annoying....go work on your own patch...

and as for a leaflet through the door....its a free market...let the custy choose.

we all get the odd job....its no good to you but you do it cause the custy wants you...but..you have to find out if others around need you to to make a nice round so i cant see a problem with leafleting the area to find out if the odd one is worth keeping..

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a good point aj....i have found windys coming an awful long way to work where i live and i find that really annoying....go work on your own patch...
and as for a leaflet through the door....its a free market...let the custy choose.

we all get the odd job....its no good to you but you do it cause the custy wants you...but..you have to find out if others around need you too to make a nice round so i cant see a problem with leafleting the area to find out if the odd one is worth keeping..
I've got in excess of 300 customers now, all being 2 and 4 weekly's. I'll be quite happy with another 100. Which won't take long the way I'm going.

I could of taken the easier root and bought some compact work, but the prices of those jobs are far too low and once bought it's hard to increase their prices inline with where they should be. I think that's the main beef they have, because I'm pricing the jobs as they should be, not 10 years ago. A guy told me last week he hasn't put his prices up in 10 years because he's afraid he'll lose some customers. I did point out to him that if he lost 1 in 3 he'd still be earning the same amount with less houses and then he could replace those houses with new realistic up to date prices. To me that's just common sense, although there's no such thing apparently.

I've introduced myself to every window cleaner I've come across whilst working and being of a managerial background I'm polite in my manner also.If every new window cleaner was to assume all houses are already being cleaned, the majority of houses would be uncleaned. In regards to toes, non of the window cleaners that clean in my area are from my area so maybe it's my toes being trodden on. One thing I won't be is walked on or intimidated. Suggestions that my van might end up in flames is quite funny, mind you I did reply by saying I need a bigger van anyway with the amount of work I'm picking up
Cool.

You are not doing anything wrong mate.You may, or may not be the finest window cleaner Grimsby has ever seen. I just think it is best to have respect from, and to, other window cleaners around you. It is, in my opinion better to get along than not to.
Hey Jimmyboots, what happens if you want to get along but they are having none of it.....In my Town most of the windies belong to the same Church and are anything but friendly, trying to strike up a conversation is like trying to raise the dead. Some of the windies live in our small town but more are coming from outside the town and in to find the odd punter, the upside is that they are building more houses so more trade and windows for everyone.

When I'm out walking the dog I see lots of houses that aren't done by window cleaners at all, in my street I see three or four different window cleaners that only do one or two houses a piece but they don't leaflet drop or knock doors to see if anyone else wishes to have their windows done.

In a perfect world all window cleaners would get on and respect each other but alas its not a perfect world, as long as you do the best to your ability and are cheerful to customers and none customers you can't go wrong.....Its the way I think about it anyway.:thumbsup:

Ladderstore is good for cheap ladders but took ages to deliver to me

I would personally go for 9 rung minumum triples to give you enough height to do most jobs

You need 9 rungs if you are ever gonna fit an ankalad

Go for trade ladders not domestic rated ones

Belong to the same church? What's all that about? Is there some window cleaning cult? I'm in!!!!

How did my posts end up on the wrong thread??

I go to church every sunday

It's called our mutual friend.

It's church of camra and usually has 4 guest ales on tap

Hey Jimmyboots, what happens if you want to get along but they are having none of it.....In my Town most of the windies belong to the same Church and are anything but friendly, trying to strike up a conversation is like trying to raise the dead. Some of the windies live in our small town but more are coming from outside the town and in to find the odd punter, the upside is that they are building more houses so more trade and windows for everyone.
When I'm out walking the dog I see lots of houses that aren't done by window cleaners at all, in my street I see three or four different window cleaners that only do one or two houses a piece but they don't leaflet drop or knock doors to see if anyone else wishes to have their windows done.

In a perfect world all window cleaners would get on and respect each other but alas its not a perfect world, as long as you do the best to your ability and are cheerful to customers and none customers you can't go wrong.....Its the way I think about it anyway.:thumbsup:
People still go to Church?

Back