Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sealer reccomendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Morning all, I have a Job covering 72m2 of Block paving and indian sandstone that I need to put a quote in for sealing. Looking for a recommendation (and any tips/advice) on sealer/method of application. I've attached a couple of pics of the surfaces that i'll be sorting, any advice is greatly appreciated

many thanks

BenView attachment 7395

View attachment 7394

Theres a fair few sealants about for sandstone so I guess it is a doable thing, its mainly the quality that im after as I dont want to put down a product thats going to peel or not last a great deal of time

No worries, I know theres some terrible ones about that are cheap and not worth the hassle, but also there are good ones like resiblock etc but am struggling to make peace with quoting near enough £400 on materials alone.....wondering if theres a middle of the road (pricewise) product that will do a good job but not give my customer a heart attack /emoticons/smile.png

View attachment 7406 Hi @Ben23 im having the exact issues myself I'm heading towards the opinion of its not worth the time and effort going back another day weather permitting to do the sealing and it's a battle which sealant if you did I recently bought ronseals sealant see pic attached and have done one slab at my parents house and it does look great and nice wet look right now but I can't say how it will look in 12months! I would hate to tell a customer they have spent X amount and it will look great and we can review in 12months when in reality it's looking weathered after 12 weeks if you do a bad job like this british don't always complain they just tell 30 people they know if you do a great job however they tell 10 people. Rant over seal price £27View attachment 7407

Cheers mate, its going to have to be a matt one so will pop over to the builders merchants on way to work today and see if theres a matt version of this thompsons one.....its worth doing I think as its a good upsell and too many customers are asking for it for me to overlook it anymore really, just need to find the right product!

Cheers mate, its going to have to be a matt one so will pop over to the builders merchants on way to work today and see if theres a matt version of this thompsons one.....its worth doing I think as its a good upsell and too many customers are asking for it for me to overlook it anymore really, just need to find the right product!
I have scoured the tin for information about how long seal will last it doesn't state a timeframe ! Tricky as that is the 2 question people ask after how much£?

Have you tried Smart seal, their technical department are very helpful and talked me through recolouring and sealing an imprinted driveway. I have yet to use there Blockpaving sealant but i have the same issues as you as i have 2 jobs to price this week.

I don't recommend it to the customer, I tell them how much it will be and that they would be better off hiring me every year to come and clean it again. this means that by this time next year my entire summer will be full of repeat customers, I am doing at least 2 jobs a week at the moment that were booked in last year.

Back