Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for all the replies, it's obvious that I've undercharged but no worries I'm still a newbie to this game. Hopefully she'll recommend me to the neighbours.

I went to my second ever customer today who had been doing her own windows for a while. The frames had never been cleaned before so they were quite dirty and I wasn't happy with one window so I did it again. My question is, how long should I have spent on that house (3 bed new build detached) seeing as it was essentially a first clean and should I have charged her more, I charged her £8.
Its got to depend where you are as to what prices you can charge.

In east Cleveland we wouldn't get much more than £8.00 for that house, £10 if there is a standard conservatory on the back. We have a whole lot of those houses priced at £7.00 for years.

We have just had a price increase, the first since 2008 and have lost a few customers because of it. Our price rise was £1.00 for anything under £10.00 and £2.00 for anything between £10.00 and £20.00.

Its got to depend where you are as to what prices you can charge.
In east Cleveland we wouldn't get much more than £8.00 for that house, £10 if there is a standard conservatory on the back. We have a whole lot of those houses priced at £7.00 for years.

We have just had a price increase, the first since 2008 and have lost a few customers because of it. Our price rise was £1.00 for anything under £10.00 and £2.00 for anything between £10.00 and £20.00.
2 quid extra for a conservatory? :eek:

Statistics show if you put prices up 10% you will lose 2-3 % customers

Meaning less custys but still more cash

I'm in Merseyside so I was pricing my jobs accordingly. If I was down South somewhere I would charge more but I agree, I should have charged more for a first clean, oh well, lesson learned.

Most of the conservatories around here have more windows on them then the house has. :rolleyes:
I agree. The conservatory should be at least the cost of the house.

A friend of mine moved into a 4 bedroom detached house in Guisborough (on a newish Estate - houses been up about 12 years opposite the Shell Garage), with a conservatory that runs the full length of the back of the house.

Trad window cleaners were charging the previous owners £6.00 including the conservatory. They continued doing it when he moved in 2 years ago. The only windows they couldn't get to were the 3 upstairs windows above the conservatory. this is the kind of pricing we are up against all the time.

We cleaned the house today and it took the 2 of us just under 1/2 an hour to clean.

I agree. The conservatory should be at least the cost of the house.
A friend of mine moved into a 4 bedroom detached house in Guisborough (on a newish Estate - houses been up about 12 years opposite the Shell Garage), with a conservatory that runs the full length of the back of the house.

Trad window cleaners were charging the previous owners £6.00 including the conservatory. They continued doing it when he moved in 2 years ago. The only windows they couldn't get to were the 3 upstairs windows above the conservatory. this is the kind of pricing we are up against all the time.

We cleaned the house today and it took the 2 of us just under 1/2 an hour to clean.
Crikey :thumbsdown:

it defo varies a lot by area...i got one similar recently and the old windy was charging £6.50....i do a few like that for £8 around here...i dont mind...as long as they follow my golden rule....money left no one in...:thumbsdown:

just got paid tonight for a new one similar....said £12 first clean £10 normally and she has paid by bank transfer...yippee...and wants it every month...but....do i put a price on my note next month or see...if she accidentally pays the £12....:devil:..still me likes bank transfer...me likes no one in....

Here in Derby I'd have to charge £8.00 for that house also (competition is fierce) but saying that the property would only take me 15 minutes first clean then only 5 on maintenance cleans (as long as there out ) /emoticons/smile.png

Crikey :thumbsdown:
The trouble is that they do the whole estate using similar pricing - any newbie has no chance of canvassing that area.

We have a small village called Charltons on the road to Whitby. The village comprises of a couple of streets of terraced houses. There are about 45 houses in each street.

Their cleaner cleans most of them, fronts only, ie 1 upstairs window, a downstairs window and a front door. He charges £2 per house.

I was about to finish one job today then next door asked for a quote which went like this

To check & clear guttering & downspouts (rear aspect of the property only) £85

To clean outside of guttering, fascia & soffits (rear aspect of the property only) £85

To externally deep clean conservatory roof including finials, crest, frames, and plastic roof panels £75

To externally deep clean conservatory sides to include guttering, windows frames, patio door frames, sills and glazing £40

Sub Total £285

Less discount - £35

Total £250

It's booked in for next week for £250 as the lady has given me loads of recommendations after I deep cleaned her mums property so hence why the large discount. :rolleyes:

Just goes to show there is plenty of premium priced one-off cleans out there...

Well they start off as one-off's but most end up being regular customers as want it done every year or so.

I know that there is no standard price Smurf but roughly how much do you charge per side 3 bedroom detached house.just roughly..

no as everyone can charge what they like..../emoticons/wink.png

all properties are different so I don't have a standard price

So it means it is your secret then...

Latest Posts

Back