Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having time off for after bereavement

jamiesmack

Hi guys & gals,

Apologies I haven't been on for a while, my son passed away on Christmas day so as you can imagine its been a pretty tough time.

We had the funeral etc last week, and things slowly starting to go back to the normal routine - less visitors, daughter back in school etc.

I haven't worked since before Christmas, I contacted all of my customers to tell them that I wouldn't be around for a while but how long would you leave it? Have any of you had to have time off work for bereavement?

I'l be honest, for the first time in my life I don't feel like I can work, but I obviously don't want to lose my customers either. My wife has taken it all incredibly hard as well, so I would feel like a right **** leaving her home alone all day.

Sorry to hear that mate

My thoughts are with you and your family

Do you know anyone who could do it for you for a wage for a while until you can do it?

Or message your customers and explain as they are all human and should totally understand

Christ mate so sorry to hear that.

Must be an awful time.

I'm sure your customers will understand

Thoughts to you & your family

Really sorry to hear that news - I can't even imagine what I would do if faced with a similar situation. I have a friend who lost his son and he still thinks about him every day - 15 years on. But he had lots of support round him and found a couple of people who had faced the same loss to share their experience in terms of how they recovered from it. He still finds being able to speak with those people very helpful and comforting.

Despite the shocking news - welcome back.

Really really sorry to hear that mate - I don't know the age of your son but any age is just tragic

My brother died at 27

If you tell everyone the area maybe someone could help cover

All the best to you and your family it's going to be a tough ride I suppose

Just take as much time off as you need, if we are talking a month then I doubt anyone would bat an eye lid. Any more than 2 months and I would send out a message to keep people in the loop. No idea what your financial situation is like, but I'm sure you will hit a point where you don't have a choice, I hope it doesnt come to that. On the flip side remember that when the time is right, distractions might be what you need. So sorry to hear the news mate, you need anything and we are here for you.

im in a similar boat, my sister did herself in a couple of weeks ago. you take off as long or as little from work as you need theres no right nor no wrong

Really sorry to hear of your news and offer my condolences to you and your family. I would take off as much time as you possibly can to be with your family, if one or two of your customers don't understand then they are not worth worrying about. Man hug to you mate and hope you get through this as well as you possibly can.

Very sorry for you and your wife, it must be incredibly hard to cope with the loss of your son, cant imagine it. Just do what you have to do for the both of you, Take care,

im in a similar boat, my sister did herself in a couple of weeks ago. you take off as long or as little from work as you need theres no right nor no wrong
Sorry to hear about your sister boarcity,my nephew done the same a few years ago at this time of year, its all very sad when that happens, one thing I remember is that at the funeral it was said that he was a victim of suicide, which took the edge off what he done to himself. Just sad that we couldnt' personally been able to take away why he followed through with it. Take care, man hugs.

Sorry for the bad news condolences to you and your family take as much time off as you need you and your family are more important x

Theres nothing anyone can say so i wont try.

Just let your customers know and take care of yourself and your family, theres nothing more important than that.

Latest Posts

Back