Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel + fascia clean.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol! I love it when a thread gets a lively response and I think it would true to say, this got one!!!

Everyone sets their own level with what THEY are comfortable doing. Roofers are very competent at walking on roofs, I have mates who are roofers. They don't think twice about doing stuff I would never dream of.

However, I feel the main concern which has not been mentioned, is the RAMS. A roofer can justify the risk for walking along a ridge tile through his RAMS, I'm not sure we could in this case for cleaning solar panels. Should an accident have occurred, insurers are likely to delve into the RAMS and ask:

1. Where is your RAMS for this job?

2. Did you write it and if not, were you made aware of it?

3. If there is one and you were aware of it, did you abide by it?

4. On what information did you base your RAMS?

THEY will then analyse the RAMS and see if it is up to scratch. If the H&S exec can find flaws in the RAMS or its execution, the insurance will not pay out.

All of the above is based on the assumption that you are still alive to answer these questions!!!

I keep saying it and will continue to say it until there is a training course in place, JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE THE TOOLS TO CLEAN SOLAR PANELS, DOES NOT MAKE US ABLE TO CLEAN THEM. The inherent higher risks associated with spc require a greater deal of knowledge than any window we will clean. Just because we can clean windows does not mean we can clean solar panels.

Q the furious debate! :)

If you read the penultimate sentence, it speaks about needing a greater deal of knowledge.

So your original point of cleaning?? Pointless. They are very similar to windows except they are on the roof. Cleaning consists of using a water fed pole with a fixed brush or you can even use a water fed pole with a rotating brush similar to those fitted to the vehicles that clean the big farms. Am I missing something out?

So your original point of cleaning?? Pointless. They are very similar to windows except they are on the roof. Cleaning consists of using a water fed pole with a fixed brush or you can even use a water fed pole with a rotating brush similar to those fitted to the vehicles that clean the big farms. Am I missing something out?
Yes, you are missing something out, the whole point of this thread. Having the equipment does not give you the technical know how of cleaning solar panels. My 5 year old could clean a panel with the kit we all own. The PHYSICAL cleaning of panels is not difficult at all. But the health and safety side of things is completely different in terms of level of risk and knowing how to handle that risk.
The gentleman who started this thread has proved that. Would he have felt the urge to walk about on the roof the clean a velux window? I doubt it. But his inexperience with solar panel cleaning led him to take what is in my opinion a dangerous and unnecessary risk. He had the correct kit, but not the know-how. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Too long in the tooth for kidology, I have cleaned around 3000 panels so far no problems just complimentary remarks about increased efficiency.
Well done in cleaning 3000 panels. I'm not sure why this was mentioned, perhaps to prove your experience, I don't know, but well done.

Old Baldy Hotwash likes to brag about his little hot pole that he cleans with think he needs reminding that he is only a window cleaner

people get well above themselves on here seems to be a constant barrage of health and safety rubbish and ladder bashers i think you did a top job mate

people get well above themselves on here seems to be a constant barrage of health and safety rubbish and ladder bashers i think you did a top job mate
not really, there is talk about heath and safety because if anything that did happen he wouldnt of been covered for because of the way he did it,

Old Baldy Hotwash likes to brag about his little hot pole that he cleans with think he needs reminding that he is only a window cleaner
Oh, at least now I know. Would it be wrong to blow him out of the water and say that we have cleaned around 8,000 panels since January, have another 43,000 confirmed to do by the end of the year and with prices given just this week alone for another 172,000??? Difference is, I know I'm still a window cleaner.
Incidentally, we do all of this with a cold water system. He gonna be more mad about that than the numbers! ;-)

Oh, at least now I know. Would it be wrong to blow him out of the water and say that we have cleaned around 8,000 panels since January, have another 43,000 confirmed to do by the end of the year and with prices given just this week alone for another 172,000??? Difference is, I know I'm still a window cleaner.

Incidentally, we do all of this with a cold water system. He gonna be more mad about that than the numbers! ;-)
:Image7:

If you can read it says it on my van. I have been many things in life not just a window cleaner, successful is one of them. I don't hide what I look like or where I am. Oh established is another.

How you doing, let's see your van inside and out.

That's not going to happen until you see someone else's to photograph.

People who hide are of little substance, if you are so genuine why the secrecy?

Jealousy will get you nowhere. Save money and upgrade your system.

why do people on here argue like girls ? just chat and respect eachother opinions instead of being keyboard warriors

lol am not targetting no 1 but just talk normally and have a laugh instead of getting all serious on a internet webpage

Back