Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Linkedin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

Does any of you lads use LinkedIN? I've had it a while but never used it I started to use it about a week ago, it's amazing the people you connect with I have a meeting next week about a commercial job just through using it, it's not a massive job but it's a job. And you get your name out there to those who matter.

Got to be worth a try.

I also got a invite to a local networking event that runs every week I'm going to go and give it a go next week

Lol just connect with people on the people you may know part and join some local business groups

Yep LinkedIn is a seriously untapped resource for windys. People like me are everywhere so I don't bother too much but still have the occasional play.

There's a netwroking meeting in my area, forgive me if this is a stupid question. What is it all about? I know its about business and stuff. I dont want to attend and look like a fool. There all older people too lol. 35+ Im only 22.

What if they all start talking about something that was before my time, Ill be left there on my own. haha

Networking is really about meeting local business people planting the seed(your business) and selling yourself mate I would say just go and enjoy it mate most of them are down to earth and don't be afraid to ask mate tell them you want to give them a quote

Networking meetings are just business people getting together to talk business. These are wicked chances for windys to get in as there'd be absolutely no competition there. Really good opportunities for people at these things.

Networking meetings are just business people getting together to talk business. These are wicked chances for windys to get in as there'd be absolutely no competition there. Really good opportunities for people at these things.
Ive booked a place. I hate doing this sort of stuff lol. Ill give it a go though

This is what mine says

Paul Rodda

Border City Window Cleaning

Carlisle, United Kingdom · Facilities Services

Ive booked a place. I hate doing this sort of stuff lol. Ill give it a go though
Mate I could almost guarantee you'll get something out of it. Get there nice and early, lots of business cards and get dressed up. Lots of people rock up to these events in jeans but go in a shirt and tie, you'll look pro!

Try to get around as many people as possible and get your message out. You'll meet lots of people who, if not looking for your services themselves, will probably know someone that will.

Is it a breakfast one, I went to a couple but the time clashed with other commitments I had, still met a few local businesses and a got a couple of jobs out of it. Worth a try. I wore trousers and shirt, some wore suits and others had jeans on.

So iain if i join linkedin do i go to a business meeting ? what kind of people are their ? who own big offices or something ? Explain more please

So iain if i join linkedin do i go to a business meeting ? what kind of people are their ? who own big offices or something ? Explain more please
H your getting confused mate

LinkedIN is a Proffesional Facebook

Networking is where you go to a location To meet local businesses they 9/10 have a cost behind them but can be good to make new contacts

Mate I could almost guarantee you'll get something out of it. Get there nice and early, lots of business cards and get dressed up. Lots of people rock up to these events in jeans but go in a shirt and tie, you'll look pro!

Try to get around as many people as possible and get your message out. You'll meet lots of people who, if not looking for your services themselves, will probably know someone that will.
Im already out of my comfort zone just going lol. Ill need to think about the shirt and tie. Ill need to go get some new cards made then, theres no way im going in there and handing vista print business cards out.

I could just picture it now.... Me walking in all suited up looking flash, then pulling out a hand full of vista business cards lol

Back