Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Great Day Leaflet Dropping.....

W

Wheatie

Well it would of been if it was for me, but my wife had around 300 leaflets to drop off so in good spirt I did it for her. And I really wanted to scope out a few areas!

I noticed a few houses with dirty windows, and a good few with solar panels with bird poo on them! As I was counting how many solar panels where on the roof there was roughly about 7-9 and on other houses 5-7, would I been thinking in the right direction if to charge, say £2 per solar panel?

I tried to keep an eye out for a windy in the area, but no site what so ever! Fingers crossed there ain't one lol! I covered a good area, about a good few hours waking about, but could of been another day he/she covers there?

I seen a good amount of houses with signs/stickers on there door with "no canvassing, no buying selling at the door, no knocking, with these doors do you just post a leaflet through the door?

Cheers all!

Just play the ignorance card mate- likeley no one else has knocked there so do them.

I tend to wait until I can see them coming and then start walking off, when they come out I am really apologetic and just explain that I am a window cleaner trying to build my customer base up and I only noticed the sticker once i had knocked. usually they then start chatting to you and then they just become a normal house. usually best to knock these sorts of houses in small bunched though.

That's a brill idea mate! I will try it, have you ever just had any doors you wish you never knocking on??

cool so shes got own hair n beauty salon business ? when u get fleyrs mde put her business on 1 side an yours on the reverse /emoticons/wink.png

cool so shes got own hair n beauty salon business ? when u get fleyrs mde put her business on 1 side an yours on the reverse /emoticons/wink.png
Yeah mate she does all that, she's saving for a salon at the mo, so goes to peoples houses. I will be happy if I pick up work as quick as she has to be honest! Phone always bloody ringing!!!!

So shes mobile.. thats pretty good them mate /emoticons/smile.png when shes done someones hair she can maybe recommend your services... and put down 25% of first clean etc /emoticons/smile.png

She has spoken to a few people H, and the feedback was good, just gotta let them know when up and running and hopefully there still intrested!

I wouldn't worry about the sticker buddy, Its aimed at double glazing people. plus it could have been on there since previous owner. Never ever been moaned at. Infact I get alot of them say either yes or sorry and goodluck. think they think fair play. least out working. plus its a service most of them use. unlike double glazing

I wouldn't worry about the sticker buddy, Its aimed at double glazing people. plus it could have been on there since previous owner. Never ever been moaned at. Infact I get alot of them say either yes or sorry and goodluck. think they think fair play. least out working. plus its a service most of them use. unlike double glazing
Cheers windy! Another good bit of advice!

id say at least 75% of my custies have these stickers, and they were all picked up while door knocking, so just ignore them

Back