Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X-line poles or is there better...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'll second Iron Giant.

I can't say they are better than XLine poles as I haven't compared them, but they are great poles. Since I discovered them some years ago, I've not felt the need to look for anything better as can't see how they could be improved. My current all rounder is an Xtreme 22 and I love it. The SLXs are excellent as well, just that the Xtremes are even lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest either Gardines SLX-II Carbon Fibre Pole Gardiner Pole Systems
Or The Cleaning Warehouse Water Genie Poles Water Genie Carbon Fibre VIPER Complete pole All Sizes

Both of these companies offer something X-Line does not -- Customer service!!
yes but darren you have to admit you fell out with x-line,so we have to be impartial don't we

for me if i were to invest in new poles it would be the gardiners range,extreme-great for ever day work-with a carefull employee or the slx range which is pretty much a bullit proof pole if i am honest,i'm not a great fan of gardiner products but they do make good poles,ones that work and should the worse happen and you snap a section you can swap sections from other gardiner poles to get working again-its those simple things that matter to me

yes but darren you have to admit you fell out with x-line,so we have to be impartial don't wefor me if i were to invest in new poles it would be the gardiners range,extreme-great for ever day work-with a carefull employee or the slx range which is pretty much a bullit proof pole if i am honest,i'm not a great fan of gardiner products but they do make good poles,ones that work and should the worse happen and you snap a section you can swap sections from other gardiner poles to get working again-its those simple things that matter to me
What do you mean by 'I have to admit?' I have never made secret of it and have stated it openly on more than one occasion.

The OP asked for alternatives, I gave my opinion that echoes posters before me but you have not called them to question.

As to the customer service comment, that's not my experience as I have never had need of customer service from them, that just seems to be the general concensus of anyone that has ever tried to get customer service from them after parting with money.

Gardner seems to be what all you guys use. Don't stray from the tried and tested I say..well not for something so essential anyway

Although I've never purchased anything from x line I did have the intention off buying a couple poles last year

I don't live far from them so called and asked if could drive down for try

Promised ring me back 5 times and never did

So if like that with a potential sale then what are they like with after sales?

Although I've never purchased anything from x line I did have the intention off buying a couple poles last yearI don't live far from them so called and asked if could drive down for try

Promised ring me back 5 times and never did

So if like that with a potential sale then what are they like with after sales?
I've had a pretty good time with x-line. And we've just about got 18 months out of our hybrids. Although they are knackered now. If so many recommend gardiner I'm tempted to take the plunge.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've had a pretty good time with x-line. And we've just about got 18 months out of our hybrids. Although they are knackered now. If so many recommend gardiner I'm tempted to take the plunge.

I'm not saying there bad poles at all

I haven't even held one so wouldn't like to say

Like most xline stuff they always look good

But it's nice to know you will get good after sales if anything should happen

ive allways liked the look and clamps on the xline i had a quick go on the pocket i think it was and it felt lite and very compact when he said it was 22ft or 25 cant rember now i was shocked as it was so short in its colepts langth ,any way after a good look the only thing that looked cheep and looked like it would were quick was the glossy sections but ive never had one to use so unfair to say, ive brought a load of gardner swivle and standerd plastic necks now think i havbe 5 lol so ill be sticking to gardners any way due to that alone but gardners have bin grate for me since the new smart clamp have bin fitted .

X-Line clamps are look a lot bigger and look like they haven't changed them since they bought out the guy who went bust years ago can't remember the name now but still have a battered carbon pole in my garage . And to echo OP's points sections easily swapped and changed along with all the other bits of kit Gardiner has on offer for their poles .

Have a look and compare some poles measure in working height and not actual length so a pole that is 25ftcan actually be 22ft and with body height will get you to 25.(I have no idea if xline measure like this).

Me personally I use Gardiner they are light,strong and have great clamps but one thing really sets them apart and that customer service.If a problem is to arise they sort it.I have ordered a part at midday and it has arrived the next morning.

I'm not saying there bad poles at allI haven't even held one so wouldn't like to say

Like most xline stuff they always look good

But it's nice to know you will get good after sales if anything should happen

im saying there bad

i have a pocket 22 a slx 22 with extensions in van and a clx 22 and a xline pole we have adapted as a ubik sprayer the pocket has awful clamps and the gardiner poles are longer lasting they just are more durable and better made

the pocket btw was near 150 quid deaer than the slx

What do you mean by 'I have to admit?' I have never made secret of it and have stated it openly on more than one occasion.
The OP asked for alternatives, I gave my opinion that echoes posters before me but you have not called them to question.

As to the customer service comment, that's not my experience as I have never had need of customer service from them, that just seems to be the general concensus of anyone that has ever tried to get customer service from them after parting with money.
And I'll second that.

And I'll second that.
Hello Dave .

I have a X line carbon 3K 22ft , it does the job for me , also 2 10 inch brushes , pencil, & fan jets .

As far as the after sales service goes I don't know , I've never needed to go back to them .

It seems a few of the guys on here have a downer on the company ( after sales) but how many have actually used their poles?

I have had stuff from Gardiners and found them to be good to deal with , but have not tried their poles , so can't comment on something I've never tried !

But if you asked me would I get another X line carbon pole ? My answer would be yes.

Cheers mate .

Glenn .

I've been using a 26ft xline pole for the last 6 months, it's been brilliant, had to adjust the clamps a couple of times but no problems.

I'm in the same boat, when I need a new pole do I get another xline or try something different, been thinking about this recently and was going to ask but you beat me to it

IMHO 6 months use isn't a good enough gauge for longevity 12-18 months and pole should still be a good use-able pole , I have Gardiners S-Max pole which is almost 4 years old and it's still a use-able pole .

Back