Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump and controller set up two man.

Diwrnach

How are you guys setting up two man systems? I see gardiner does a two pump controller, is that the best way of going about it? or do you all use two controllers?

Or one controller and two pumps?

Two controllers and two pumps.

T off outlet pipe from tank

Here a picture of my old van taken 8 years ago.

View attachment 7506

Its the same tank in my current van but the controllers have moved to the back doors and the van port is now fixed to the near side rear rather than the offside on this van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that ever seem to starve the second pump at all? just looks like the first pump could pull more water starving the second. I was looking at having two pipes directly off the outlet of the tank, but if this works its an easier solution.

Two pumps and a flat tank urn into problems the lower the water goes

But i have my two pumps very close to the outlet and they on same level as outlet

Does that ever seem to starve the second pump at all? just looks like the first pump could pull more water starving the second. I was looking at having two pipes directly off the outlet of the tank, but if this works its an easier solution.
We've never had a problem even with the tank just about empty. I can run 2 pumps flat out to top up a 25 liter container using 1/2" hose. But that's the limit.

When we are runing 2 hoses with 2 hose reels our flow at the pole is between 1.5 to 2 LPM each. (I prefer 2 were son prefers 1.5.) I only ever use the tap to drain the tank, but it takes so long that I normally siphon it out using 1" transfer hose. I usually do this once a year at MOT time as the testers lift won't left the van with a full tank of water in it. /emoticons/smile.png (I go there because he allows me to talk to him as he is doing the MOT. Its a wealth of info and I get to have a good inspection at the same time.)

I have never run a flat tank so can't comment, but @peter rogers obviously has a solution that works for him.

Im changing from the flat as have found out thru experience and have said before its hard to get the last 1/5 outta it the pumps would fight over the feed After 3/4 is used

Back