Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve Hose Removal

Poles Apart

I need to replace my Pole hose with blue hose as it's stretchy and have difficulty in turning the valve off but it looks like it may be difficult to get off any one done this?

If the hose is stuck on once the o ring is removed run the end of a scraper blade or stanley knife down the length of hose that is on the univalve

Comes off easy

How did you snap it @Duncs ?

Cutting the o ring off or using a blade?

If you go gently with a blade (may take several cuts along the same line it will be fine)

boiling davey tried to twist the o wring and it snapped in my heavy clumsy hand £40 pixxed off I was left looking at the uni in my hand like a doylum

the gardiners yellow hose no gd was going to swap for the blue or take the tap of top of hose

Ouch mate

I found that using proper o ring pliers there is no need to twist if you put them top to bottom of the crimped bit and then squeeze hard so it completely cuts it

I recently had a chat with Steve at exeed about this as I wanted to get rid of the Gardiners re-enforced hose for pu blue hose.

He said the best way to remove the o rings is to nip away at the corners with your crimpers a tiny piece at a time. It will come loose once you have reached the band.

Then its the univalve in hot water before removing the hose.

He did say he was going to put a video on here demonstrating the process

I recently had a chat with Steve at exeed about this as I wanted to get rid of the Gardiners re-enforced hose for pu blue hose.He said the best way to remove the o rings is to nip away at the corners with your crimpers a tiny piece at a time. It will come loose once you have reached the band.

Then its the univalve in hot water before removing the hose.

He did say he was going to put a video on here demonstrating the process

[media]

[/media]

I've damaged plastic barbs before now using the 'nipping' method. I'd use it to remove hose from a metal barb but I'd still be wary about doing it with a univalve. At £40 a pop inc postage it's painful if you break one. Pinching it across the ears to open it just a bit, then re-crimping it a couple of times usually breaks the 'o' ring at one of the ears for me. Failing that I've been using a cheap Dremel type tool with a small cutting disc.

Back