Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have I turned my neighbours wall green?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernard

I pressure cleaned the front section of my garden wall today. It was covered in fungus and all sorts of growths but it has come up nice. I was packing up when my new neighbour came over to me. He wasn't ammused and looked very angry with me. I was warned about this neighbour by my previous neighbours who sold him the house. They told us that they hated him and we would have problems with him. They said that they didn't want to sell it to him and wouldn't have, if they had more time to sell their house.

Anyway, he said I'd turned his wall green. I was confused. I'd done my best to make sure nothing flew into his garden and I didn't touch anything of his. I doubled checked when I'd finished so had thought everything was fine. Then he motioned me to come into his back garden. Now I was really confused. I hadn't done the back garden wall.

Now he pointed to his wall and said 'look! I've just cleaned that wall and now you've got it a mess'. A small section was damp across the top. I think 'yeah I've made that damp'. I wasn't sure exactly how I had but logic dictated, it was a sunny day, I was the one with the water, it must have been me. I said 'yeah it looks like I've made it damp but I'm not sure if I've turned it green'. Then he said 'you've sprayed the coping stones on the top and it has washed down and covered my wall.

He had assumed I had cleaned the back garden wall and coping stones that were around that wall. They are taller than him so he couldn't see if I'd cleaned them or not, he had just assumed I had since he saw me earlier cleaning the walls. I hadn't, and told him. I hadn't cleaned the opposite side of that wall, I also hadn't cleaned the wall to the side of it. The wall I'd cleaned was a wall over the other side of that green wall. It was the opposite side of that wall too so it would have been impossible for anything of mine directly hitting that green wall.

I'm thinking the only way I could have made it damp was the mist I was kicking up or I've hit the opposite side of that wall with a burst by accident. The opposite side was dry though. I was just using water and no chemicals. Anyway, could I have turned it green?

I tried explaining that I'd no idea how I'd turned it green and I hadn't been near that wall but he wouldn't let me talk. He just kept saying 'I'm not arguing with you, you've turned it green!'. I'd have gladly cleaned it for him but he just wanted to tell me what I'd done and not hear me out. In the end I just headed off, he wouldn't let me speak.

It looks to me like its stained and not something that has washed down. I do know he'd recently removed some vines from that wall that were planted by the previous owners. Also below the bright green are some faded green patches. Would they come up a brighter green if wet?

I'm just looking for some advice. If I have made it green how could it have happened so I can avoid making this mistake in the future.

Cheers.

View attachment 5467

Last edited by a moderator:
as you can see bernard I love your post and your style you neighbour is I m afraid a ****** ...I have met soooo many.....me ...I live in my garden and dont give a monkeys about the other side but some people have no life and so set out to find one...

best way with this sort that annoys them most is ...yes sir ..sorry sir...I WILL get it cleaned straight away...or get a company in to do it if you dont like me...its okay you are not actually going to get a company in...mind you me and a few of the lads may enjoy a visit....

that sort of green to me takes months to grow anyway and is easy removed by many methods...the easiest is on offer in our local hard ware I think its algigo or something the lads know what its called..

it breaks down the green with the weather so all you have to do is wet the area and go.

dont get drawn in as I have met so many like him....I love em but thats just me.had loads of fun...simples what some one does to me I do back ..but in my own way in my own time..

looks a five second jobby to me but that white lime mortar stain ahhh well thats a different kettle of fish...but its your fault because you breathed it on...:rofl:

honest the tales I can and still can tell about no life I will make one neighbours ...love you dragon lady did you enjoy squashing my specs..

anyway keep posting when you can and hope it works out for you...

This is where I have to regress to my late teens early 20s when formulating my response, as these days approaching my chilled mid 40s my response would be too tame.

So hence my response is as follows:

'People that sold you the house said you were a troublesome ******, looks like they were right! Now be a good boy and jog on before I get upset!'

I believe you may find this response approved for public use by Daveyboy1 and Boarcity. :bangheadwall:

The green on that wall is from a living plant/weed/moss, basically anything that photosynthesis causes/leaves behind.

Tell the chunt to fo0k off. You sound like a nice bloke and he's trying to take advantage. Hate people like him!

id have entertained that guy for about five seconds before telling him where he should put his complaints, somewhere green stuff probably doesn't grow. I've had similar morons try and tell me stuff like I've scratched their car when I haven't or parked somewhere they don't like or something when I haven't broken any law or convention, I wouldn't even talk to them again it goes nowhere they just won't change their minds and ends up a shouting match

Green has me all wrong lol

I would never be that diplomatic :rofl:

Just tell the **** to do one

I'd of said sorry I think I turned your face green too, before swiftly pressure washing his face! The green is concentrater, how did none of this green spray go on top of the wall, which is white and so would show up easily? Exactly. Yes likely mist made it moist. Chuck some yoghurt over the rest of his wall, they'll soon be alot more green! ;-) Then put up some barbed wire on top of the wall so he can no longer nosey in your business.. mwhahaha

Do not entertain it in any way. Like green says, mention the pre warning you got about him, and confirm it as a second witness. Add some additional details if needed. The goodthing about falling out with someone like that early on, is that you can simply ignore him from now on. Once your neighbours click on to his toolish behaviour you'll have em all on your side. I have good experience of this from the last house I lived in. Even her own familly across the road hated her.

nip it in bud early

I had bloke who was the local thug in our town and every time he got ****** would cause havoc for his old neighbours and that

Quick call to my brother and his mates he was payed a visit and never caused any more bother till the day he moved some people just need a stern wsrning

nip it in bud early

I had bloke who was the local thug in our town and every time he got ****** would cause havoc for his old neighbours and that

Quick call to my brother and his mates he was payed a visit and never caused any more bother till the day he moved some people just need a stern wsrning

Back