Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ooooops...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

View attachment 8004 This particular house is set quite high up from the road, pulled hose out by car in drive which sits some 6ft below the house, never gave it a thought till they sent me the pics, seems I pulled the hose along the car paintwork as I was going to the back of the house, silly lack of concentration now looking like a bloody claim :(

Going to look at it tomorrow to see if I can T-cut it out.

So thats one lesson learned, watch the hose near cars!!

WTF were you doing :eek:
Pulled hose off reel past car to get round the back, hose must of run alongside the bodywork and done that, as the driveway sits much lower than the raised up house.

I've been told by my car valeter mate it will machine polish out fine, hope so!!

I hope it comes out. Have you lost their custom? A tip for newbies; pull off enough hose that you will need for the job you are working on up to the first corner/turn/obstacle.

Pulled hose off reel past car to get round the back, hose must of run alongside the bodywork and done that, as the driveway sits much lower than the raised up house.
I've been told by my car valeter mate it will machine polish out fine, hope so!!
Does not look like pole hose damage to me.

I hope it comes out. Have you lost their custom? A tip for newbies; pull off enough hose that you will need for the job you are working on up to the first corner/turn/obstacle.
Yes normally do just that, was just a school boy error due to rushing. Looking back after it happened I thought what a silly muppet lol!!

Amazed the hose could do that but yes one for newbies to be careful about!!

Does not look like pole hose damage to me.
I would think the hose had various grit/bits on that caused it, was defo the hose mate, there decent people and I did it by accident, shows what it can do on paintwork, hopefully very light hazes when I look in person that will T Cut out.

I would think the hose had various grit/bits on that caused it, was defo the hose mate, there decent people and I did it by accident, shows what it can do on paintwork, hopefully very light hazes when I look in person that will T Cut out.
Well good luck mate hope you can sort it..... a lesson to us all

Go to car spares suppliers or halfords and buy some cutting paste

Use that on a rag and work all the scratches out with a circular motion

Job done

Then give the patch a quick polish and it should be fine

Just had this reply so seems I'm in the clear....

Hi Trevor, thank you for getting back to me. Firstly I apologise if I sounded a bit frantic earlier, we haven't had the car very long so still 'new' to us. My partner actually knows somebody who runs a body shop and took it along this afternoon and he kindly polished out most of the fine scratches there and then. He's suggested we get it polished to remove the last few. So no lasting damage done. I hope there's no hard feelings and that you'll continue to clean the windows for us as we are extremely happy with the job you do. If the car is there next time please knock on and we'll move it, I appreciate now knowing how you work it was in your way. Thanks Adele

mate .. @Trev81 get them a vocher for a night out in a great resturant or a wee weekend hotel stay..

they will sing yer praise for it and no better advertising they cud of went got dealer to sort it said to u to go aay with tcut and get insurance people out people like them do not come along everyday

Nice Message /emoticons/smile.png

I've tried to smash the backend of the pole into the side of a car due to narrow conditions. My lesson learned is to ALWAYS when working next to something like a car is , to put my hand under the pole-end . If I smash anything, then I will hit it gently...

Nice Message /emoticons/smile.pngI've tried to smash the backend of the pole into the side of a car due to narrow conditions. My lesson learned is to ALWAYS when working next to something like a car is , to put my hand under the pole-end . If I smash anything, then I will hit it gently...
Agree with the hand on the end of the pole. The only damage you'll do is break ya knuckles /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had an oops moment with a car yesterday.

I was working on a house about thirty meters from where I was parked up. I heard a thud in the distance and a bit of a commotion but thought nothing of it and cracked on.

Twenty seconds later I've got some irate woman all up in my face effing and blinding at me. Turns out my van had rolled a couple of feet into her Range Rover. I tried to calm her down but she was going mental. In the end I told her I wouldn't talk to her unless she piped down and then she turned on the water works.

Luckily for her there was more damage to my van and she only had a scratch on her bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Very lucky that the customer was so polite and understanding.

If I'd have done it I'd have no doubt being paying for a respray and told to never clean my windows again you ******* **** bag *******

mate .. @Trev81 get them a vocher for a night out in a great resturant or a wee weekend hotel stay..
they will sing yer praise for it and no better advertising they cud of went got dealer to sort it said to u to go aay with tcut and get insurance people out people like them do not come along everyday
I was going to suggest something like this, definitely do something for them!

Back