Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

facebook does work

Dave B

Staff member
Just got asked to do a quote in the area i target with facebook

Asked the guy how he heard of me as i do some of his neighbours

"You're a bit of a facebook legend round here" haha

I have got 4 jobs off facebook in the last 7 days and not posted anything

Persistence seems to be the key

Spent 2 years posting on that areas groups and now it works for me without doing anything

It's the same with everything davey.

New boys start up put two posts on Facebook and sit back waiting for the phone to ring....... then wonder if the phones broken.

Two years ago I was getting nothing on FB now leads come in every day 3 or 4 usually, why? Cause I spent 2 years drumming it in to everyone near me on FB.

These things take time.

It's not he with the flashiest van or best web site that has the tonnage of work it is he whom is so persistant that their name becomes known.

You could spend every Saturday morning stood on the high street handing out flyers saying 'Hi I'm Dave' but it will be at least six months before the public start shouting ' Hi Dave' as they approach you on the street.

The only secret to success is persistance.

Me and Neil (adams0211) are the only ones in the whole town who bother with facebook and we both end up competing sometimes as we both end up doing quotes for some jobs

This particular area though i get a ton of work as i am known

Neil does better in other areas than me

Interesting topic I have no Facebook presence not even a personal account ,

I have been advised by the company who takes care of my website to set a page up as its now a very important part of marketing.

I'm still not sure my target work is commercial and I just don't see Facebook producing that kind of customer.

I can see it working for the domestic side but not commercial.

But then I know nothing about Facebook so could be very wrong.

Craig the people who work at these places probably have facebook accounts so couldn't hurt to get on there and post in the community groups emphasising you do commercial work

Also there are some groups in stevenage called small businesses in stevenage etc which might be worth doing and then searching for hitchin etc

Like that woman who asked me about hitchin (did they ring by the way?)..she found me on facebook originally to do her house so would have seen you if you were on there

If you want advice setting one up give me a shout

Also linked in is a good place to sign up an account for commercial work

I actually loathe facebook as i don't want to know what so and so had for dinner last night or see any more sickly pics of "my little angel" etc

But it works for what i need it for

Craig the people who work at these places probably have facebook accounts so couldn't hurt to get on there and post in the community groups emphasising you do commercial workAlso there are some groups in stevenage called small businesses in stevenage etc which might be worth doing and then searching for hitchin etc

Like that woman who asked me about hitchin (did they ring by the way?)..she found me on facebook originally to do her house so would have seen you if you were on there

If you want advice setting one up give me a shout

Also linked in is a good place to sign up an account for commercial work
Thanks Dave

I am visiting the job in Hitchin tomorrow she called yesterday.

I have taken the plunge and set a page up tonight I am not actively or need any work at the minute but it can't hurt to have a presence on their.

Not sure how to post a link to it but search CGH Window Cleaning on Facebook and you should find it and let me know what you think.

If you made the page as a personal account facebook will delete it when they find it

You need to make a personal account then go to create a page to then make a business page linked to it

To post the link click the bit with the dots on the right of where it says promote etc

That brings up a menu

Scroll down and click on copy link

Paste wherever you need to

Or look where your company name is on the top of the page and underneath it will have @whateveritsays

That is your Facebook page name

Type Www.facebook.com/ insert name here to post the link

Last edited by a moderator:
I set up a personal page that isn't going to be used then set up a business page.

It won't let me change and update the @ under the name says I'm not eligible and the menu with dots has no option to copy link.

I will have another look tomorrow.

Just got asked to do a quote in the area i target with facebookAsked the guy how he heard of me as i do some of his neighbours

"You're a bit of a facebook legend round here" haha

I have got 4 jobs off facebook in the last 7 days and not posted anything

Persistence seems to be the key

Spent 2 years posting on that areas groups and now it works for me without doing anything
Christians would call that a blessing for hard work!

Interesting topic I have no Facebook presence not even a personal account ,I have been advised by the company who takes care of my website to set a page up as its now a very important part of marketing.

I'm still not sure my target work is commercial and I just don't see Facebook producing that kind of customer.

I can see it working for the domestic side but not commercial.

But then I know nothing about Facebook so could be very wrong.
Might not give you a comercial client from Facebook but I believe it helps your website google rankings and that will definitely help you win comercial clients it's to do with being listed everywhere.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Back