Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Sealing Job!

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
Got my first block paving sealing job tomorrow (weather permitting)!

I have a Gloria 510T sprayer with a needle nozzle and will be using Sealers Direct Premium Ultra HD sealer which I think is acrylic based.

Any tips for my first job?

I have some sealant cleaner so how do I clean the sprayer afterwards?

Could I use the same sprayer for weed killer, mould killer etc or would you use a different sprayer (gets expensive)?

I have Gloria sprayers

I use them for sealant only but they would be OK for weed killer

Most sealants that are any good are acrylic/varnish based

Tips from me are don't bother with expensive sealer cleaner just run a tiny amount of petrol through it after and rinse with water

Don't put the sealer in until your ready for sealimg then as soon as finished even if little left wash it straight out specially on hot days

Never leave in over night the sealer will set and clog all your sprayer up

Thanks that is very useful, unfortunately I have already bought the cleaner so will use that until it runs out.

I have tested the sprayer with water, is it worth running some cleaner to make sure all the water has gone?

What sort of spray pattern do you use?

No need to wash the little water out

Spray pattern I use is nozzle set so it fans about 10 inch then side to side action

I overlap couple inch to make sure don't miss

You'll see easily though when doing it as the sealant shows easily on the surface

Always to coats tho

Well got rained off so no sealing today!

I have decided to get a fan nozzle because the needle jet will take forever, I'm a bit annoyed with GPS Sprayers because I told them it was for spraying sealant and they sent the wrong nozzle!

Defiantly needs to be a fan to get good coverage with the sealant

It's amazing win the right sprayer and nozel how quick you do it

Just finished my first sealing job and it looks great!

Used the Sealers Direct Premium Ultra HD which enhances the colour and gives the paving a wet look, bit of a pain cleaning the sprayer with thinners though.

Just finished my first sealing job and it looks great!
Used the Sealers Direct Premium Ultra HD which enhances the colour and gives the paving a wet look, bit of a pain cleaning the sprayer with thinners though.
Petrol

Just checked out the gloria sprayers are they seriously worth spending that much on?

I have one and it seems to work very well but I don't have anything to compare it with.

I tend to try to buy the best equipment possible, too many times in the past I have bought cheap stuff only to have to buy the more expensive stuff in the end.

Back