Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on large tall interior glass.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

So I got a call today from a lady who has just started a new business at the back of this garden centre, its like a really large octagonal wooden shed really, with tons of glass, selling jewellery and stuff, also a big row behind it of smaller units, none of them have a window cleaner so will be approaching them on Friday when I clean hers.

But on the way in I noticed the front of the garden centre itself is filthy, the front is almost completely glass and maybe 20 foot high at a guess maybe more, the outsides a no brainer, but inside there is no way of placing a ladder anywhere as it is all glass and massive pains and they are filthy so I know if I get the job they will want the insides doing as well, it has all those thick metal poles criss crossing the roof with webs everywhere, and would you go about this?

My guess is trad off a pole, don't have one at the moment for trad what do people suggest? something cheap ideally as it will only be used on this job.

Or is there an alternative to doing it trad off a pole?

No pics and not even sure they will want the insides doing, but want to get things straight before I speak to the manager in case he asks.

They are floor to ceiling, must be 20 foot easy.

Sounds like a toughy. I I could do straight pulls on it then i would use the biggest squeegee I could get away with on a pole. But if the access was tough, like standing at angle then i would use the wagtail. But every window is different so I usually try a few methods out on the first few clean s to see which is best. For any detailing around the edges just wrap a scrim around the end of a pole and secure with a mini bungee, elastic band, or small pony clamp. And if there is any detailing or trail lines in the middle of the glass then drape a nice (bone) dry cloth over the squeegee itself and scrub it off.

Regarding the garden centre perhaps no one wants the job as is too much hassle and/or maybe they want the job doing for peanuts that is why they are filthy :rolleyes:

The quick loq cone adapter is ok but not ideal as is just a push fit cone so trad stuff doesn't lock on and some trad handles doesn't fit the cone properly either.:rolleyes:

Regarding the garden centre perhaps no one wants the job as is too much hassle and/or maybe they want the job doing for peanuts that is why they are filthy :rolleyes:
This may well be the case lol

Thanks for the replys guys, might just see about the outside units and forget the main centre lol

That job will be a pain excuse the pun. It sounds similiar to a job i used to do.the cris cros bars will be tensioner bars if you put a ladder on them il will be bouncy as sh^^ and it will be a pain trying to squeege down because using the pole between the bars and the glass will give you a **** angle

The quick loq cone adapter is ok but not ideal as is just a push fit cone so trad stuff doesn't lock on and some trad handles doesn't fit the cone properly either.:rolleyes:
Couple of wraps of electrical tape on the cone usually sorts that out smurf./emoticons/wink.png

Back