Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Test Run

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

Been practicing a lot at home.

so now gona test run my dads bungalow today with loft conversion.

gutter clean, Upvc clean and windows in n out,

Going wag tail route and see how I do, should be fun lol.

My charges would have been:

£22 for windows in n out

£16 for Upvc clean

£45 for gutters

So a total of £83 as a one off job

Good luck CnS let us know how u go!

Then again I'd of called that £120 full bungalow clean house £160. More if they have a con'ver GF

Just bout to get started... Got go easy as I'm recovering from a twisted stomach.

But it's only a bungalow so won't take long (famous last words )

£45 for gutters and £16 for PVC clean? How are you cleaning the PVC? By hand or pole? PVC cleaning usually takes longer to clear out the guttering and I'd charge around the same.. £25 gutters only £50 gutters & PVC...

£45 for gutters and £16 for PVC clean? How are you cleaning the PVC? By hand or pole? PVC cleaning usually takes longer to clear out the guttering and I'd charge around the same.. £25 gutters only £50 gutters & PVC...
"How are you cleaning the PVC? By hand or pole" what chemicals do you use ??? and does it bring them shiny and white again ???

No pole, by hand, seriously miss estimated the time lol, no worries this what a test run is for and now I can adjust my pricing accordingly.

Did 2 hours on it today and so far I have: cleaned all the gutters out, fitted a new gutter piece and deep cleaned the Upvc at the front.

So would now would be Est at about £45 for Upvc

No pole, by hand, seriously miss estimated the time lol, no worries this what a test run is for and now I can adjust my pricing accordingly.
Did 2 hours on it today and so far I have: cleaned all the gutters out, fitted a new gutter piece and deep cleaned the Upvc at the front.

So would now would be Est at about £45 for Upvc
and probs only £35 for gutters as the front one is a lot smaller than I realized and gutter cleaning only took 25 minutes and they were full (not including fitting the new peice)

It took a total of 3hrs 45 mins to do windows in n out, clean gutter, replace a piece of guttering, clean Upvc and fascias.

Scrim was useless after about half the windows and I left my others at home.

Couldn't do the velux (1) window as my pole is too short so ill need to get 5m lol

The inside of the kitchen window will need a few more cleans before its perfect because of two years of smoking.

I used a softer rubber and found it much better for me.

Generally a good lesson

My charges would be

£10 outside

£10 inside

£40 for Upvc

£30 for gutters

£10 to fit new gutter peice ( not including gutter)

So a total of £100 for 3.45 ( about £28 per hour) but I'm sure ill be faster once my stomach is recovered and after good practice.

It took a total of 3hrs 45 mins to do windows in n out, clean gutter, replace a piece of guttering, clean Upvc and fascias.

Scrim was useless after about half the windows and I left my others at home.

Couldn't do the velux (1) window as my pole is too short so ill need to get 5m lol

The inside of the kitchen window will need a few more cleans before its perfect because of two years of smoking.

I used a softer rubber and found it much better for me.

Generally a good lesson

My charges would be

£10 outside

£10 inside

£40 for Upvc

£30 for gutters

£10 to fit new gutter peice ( not including gutter)

So a total of £100 for 3.45 ( about £28 per hour) but I'm sure ill be faster once my stomach is recovered and after good practice.
After you have soaped up the window scrub it with a microfibre. It will clean the smoke of really easily

Slight reach issue as I don't have my step ladders yet so I was doing it in a short pole lol. Might elastic band one to the end lol

However that is a great idea.

Ill pop up pics for you lot later. An I'm Gona start sorting my portfolio out later.

Really enjoyed doing this even though it was freezing, so eager to get started /emoticons/smile.png

Here is the pics:

The job in hand:

479E7434-A191-43F3-9BA1-A65A107F3464-644-0000002F8241978A.jpg

1B853A47-5C40-484E-B9C4-4E5852479704-644-0000002F70F27FBA.jpg

Half n half (not great quality photo)

49BC27B0-4668-4D26-9F3A-EDAAC02F0C37-644-0000002F65642951.jpg

Done:

85B24788-A006-4B7B-A0BB-8A24F3057C98-644-0000002F5EE85507.jpg

EFAEA10C-5DA4-4D7B-89C7-E40C5A8D6A4B-644-0000002F4592BD0A.jpg

Lol just my dad And my missus H

Can't start till new year due to current commitments, just wana say F it and get cracking now as I really enjoyed this weekend

Because I can't reduce my work hours till then, an my missus don't go on maternity till then so ATM I work weekdays, she works weekends so no time to clean ATM

Back