Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charger for pure freedom trolley.!!!

Squeegee1

hi guys, I'm in need of a new mains charger for my pure freedom trolley. I've rang pure freedom and they were less than helpful. Does anyone know where I can purchase said lead as without it I can't get much done.

The connection is a figure of 8 type. Thanks in advance guys. Steve

I use a CTek charger. Way better than the standard one that comes with the trolley. I just took the connector off the end of my freedom charger and attached it to the CTek. I use the 5amp version, but the 3.5amp will do just fine for the freedom trolley

Thanks lads all sorted now, very much appreciate your help

Thanks for letting us know. However, we are none the wiser regarding your solution so please can you tell us what you did. It would then be helpful to someone else.

You would have been better with the one Marko spoke about, at pure freedom they did the changing of the end bits for us, for a small charge so we were up and running it's a far better charger.

You would have been better with the one Marko spoke about, at pure freedom they did the changing of the end bits for us, for a small charge so we were up and running it's a far better charger.
If it goes wrong again then then @Squeegee1 has another solution. I think some people, myself included, may be a little vary of making this modification of changing the plug over to a new charger.

I'm sure CTex chargers have reverse polarity protection, but I don't know that for sure. So my concern as a buyer would be joining the wires up correctly in the plug. It maybe easy, it may not be.

What makes it easier is the PF will do the change for a small fee, but at decision time @Squeegee1 didn't know that. When I put the link up, I didn't know that either.

His communication with PF had broken down on the phone for whatever reason, so if someone had told him they didn't do a charger because they misunderstood the question, that's really the end of the communication road. He didn't call back hoping to speak to someone else, but came on here to ask for a solution. I'm sure he was a little desperate as a flat battery means no work being done - no work = no income.

I would personally now buy a CTex charger and get the modification done so I have a better quality backup. It would appear from others experiences that the charger isn't the best, so I would ensure I have a backup in case of future failure.

This info is of interest to me. A fellow windie has a PF trolley as a backup. He bought it when his van was written off by a Polish lorry driver and the insurance company took several months to settle the claim. So I will store this in my knowledge bank in case he ever has the same issue.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with the PF charger...charges mine ok.
TBH I don't recall any thread where someone had a failure with one, but that doesn't mean that they don't fail. If I had a failure of a backpack charger I doubt I would start a thread about it; rather I would just order another one. TBH, I would have ordered the exact replacement.

-

Most things have a working life. However, for the cost of the standard intelligent charger I'd expect more than two years out of it. In the nine years of using the PF trolley I've never had a charger that lasted longer than two years. I have a mate who started window cleaning about four years ago with a PF trolley and his first charger only lasted about eighteen months. Eighteen months or a little over seems to be the average in my experience. Trouble is, if you don't have a backup charger to try or the technical know-how to test the one you have, you end up replacing the battery not realizing its not the battery at fault.

My last 'so called' intelligent (black) one from PF actually destroyed a battery by overcharging it when it failed. When I realised something was wrong, I disconnected it and removed the battery from the trolley immediately. It was so hot I could smell it when I opened the battery box, and it looked like a balloon.

My CTek is now over two years old. I have another friend who works with his sons and has two CTek chargers, both of which are several years old and still going strong.

The fact that PF sell them, seems to me anyway, to indicate that they also know they are a much better charger.

Back