Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back or side wards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

I have my compact 325 installed facing to wards the rear doors and think if I turned the system round to come out of the side door I could generate a lot more usable space just wonder if other use their reels from the side door.

IMG_0041.JPG

For me it would depend on how far back the system over lapped the side door. I had a fiat doblo to start with and set it up the same as yours although I had no side door. I have a bigger van and have switched it about. I found the best set up for me is a separate hose reel and external connectors. Can lock it up then. Basically tried doing various and what suits one may not another. Best thing to do is try it when tank empty. 2 1/2 years in and I'm still trying to work out which is best lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i would want to place that tank central so the weight is evenly distributed instead of being off set as it is now,whichever way you go place the tank central it will make for a safer driving experience,

I know it's not evenly distributed but was installed like that so I could get six barrels and a trolley alongside think I'm going to have it turn around coming out of the side with roller guide.

You reckon you could fit anymore in that van?! Reminds of the mini world record where all the people squeeze in [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Method in my madness mate. Its a Peugeot expert so having it set up like that leaves the back half free for my trolley and barrels.

They can be taken out to leave loads of space for my pressure washer and equipment when needed as well /emoticons/smile.png

Method in my madness mate. Its a Peugeot expert so having it set up like that leaves the back half free for my trolley and barrels.They can be taken out to leave loads of space for my pressure washer and equipment when needed as well /emoticons/smile.png
I agree with Steve as I had to climb in to get stuff out as can is deeper than it is wider! Access from side you can just reach a cross.

I know it's not evenly distributed but was installed like that so I could get six barrels and a trolley alongside think I'm going to have it turn around coming out of the side with roller guide.
Please take note of what @kevinc250 has posted.

The tank has to be situated so the weight is distributed correctly over both the front and rear axles. Your tank's weight fully filled with water may well be within the van's payload, but if the tank is incorrectly placed it could overload one of the axles.

I fitted my first 650 liter tank across the bulkhead of my original Citroen Relay SWB van (Payload of van 1155kgs.) That was the ideal spot for my tank as it was the best use of space. The tank full of water overloaded the front axles by quite a margin. If I had been checked by VOSA I would have been done.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@Den the only other way is to bang the tank upto the headboard and then take the reel off and have it fixed to the back end of van to one side . I wouldn't have it coming out of side it will be a pain mate ...also I have u tried taking the wheel arch covers off so you could spin the tank round at the back it may just fit maybe not.just an idea.

Have u done the bars yet lad lol

Good ideas AK will have a think about what you said have done the bars reel is much better no scraping of the hose simple but very effective mod.

IMG_2633.JPG

I had these put on mine. Just take the reel out of the van. Saves having to work out where's best to put the tank. Just connect the hose to the fittings and then just plug in a hose lock connect. Very simple but very effective. I tried to use reel guides but was forever trying to feed it still.

These hose guides are a joke I just put a hole in van floor never had one issue it's just another bit of bling in the van sack that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
These hose guides are a joke I just put a hole in van floor never had one issue it's just another bit of bling in the van sack that lol
Never tried it without them and they only cost me a tenner fitted by WCW but can see would work just as well without. Also I've got no sign writing on my van yet so to a theif it's a lottery what's inside. With them on they can tell it's a windows cleaning van and so they shy away as our stuff is cheap rags etc.. (Shhh don't tell them the truth lol)

Back