Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Hotwater System?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i use the old lpg heatet-l5 although i'm playing with a deisal heater(when it arrives!)see how it goes,hot is great in winter for keeping it all going-summer time mmmmmmmmmmmmmm still un decided on that one

eccotemp L5 water heater for me too! been using it since november and not gone back to cold water yet!!!!

I had an immersion heater last winter, they are good for making the hoses soft and stopping them freezing on the ground, but they do not get the water hit enough to improve/speed up the cleaning.

I had an immersion heater last winter, they are good for making the hoses soft and stopping them freezing on the ground, but they do not get the water hit enough to improve/speed up the cleaning.
Im surprised to hear that!

Have any of you considered an immersion heater type hotwater system?
No chance unless you upgrade wires in the house and use correct graded wires and fuses, otherwise there can be a good chance of wires overheating and catching fire to either the house, van or both. Plus the cost of running them will cost more than gas etc.

i used an immersion for over a year, only stoped because i changed tank, as long as on right wire, and right plug, it is fine, helps if you are on eco 7 ele,

if you want to go the cheapest way then i would have thought that a gas/lpg heater put on a frost stat would be the way to go for the winter.too many varyables to say exactly what you would need for that.

saying all that just bring everything thing you can in at night,go out in the morning connect it all up/bang the l5 on and away you go-simples :Image13: you are right in a way in trying to sort the hot out now,hot water has its places i think and is very important to have in the cold winters we have,for me its a novelty in summer and i pop the hot on to wash the van thats all

Back