Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 300 Gpd Ro System Problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

utdfederation

Hi all,

I have some issues which i hope i can get some answers to rather quickly to produce water.

First things first, i purchased the 300 GPD RO from purefreedom last friday, been to ill to install it but today i finally did.

set everything up as per instructed along with the seperate DI vessel that i purchased with my order.

without installing the DI resin cannister inside that chamber i turned the system on and turned the ball valve to flush as per instructions.

after the instructed 2 hours flush time i decided to take a reading, which to my shock was very high considering the newness of the system.

readings are as follows:

waste going out = 610ppm

production water via DI vessel (minus resin chamber) = 65ppm

is this the normal readings?

seems very high to me after 2 hours of flushing.

I was told that i should be getting production water (minus resin chamber) of around 6-15ppm

any suggestions on this matter please would be helpful.

now my water pressure is only 35 psi, i have to purchase a booster pump which i will do soon due to lack of funds at this time.

but still i should be getting the quoted readings surely?

cheers for your input fellas

UTD

Now you have flushed it, put the valve to produce, the reading should come down,

your waste water reading will be so many times higher than your normal tap water tds,

for example, my tap water is 90ppm but my waste is 300+

Let it produce for an hour, because its new it will be ridding itself of contaminants

On that system the lever should be as in pics

Back flush setting (sticker say's Flow)

View attachment 2233

Produce setting

View attachment 2232

After back flushing the chems out of the new RO turn it back to produce before you connect the DI canister as should drop down to about 2 ppm then will be good to go.

Hope this helps?

I took those pics as Is a common mistake to get it the wrong way round as pf instructions are not very good at identifying which way the lever should be turned to back flush the RO.

@Smurf

the problem is not the lever or position of the lever, besides my lever is NOT the same as yours, it's made up of 2 parts.

the problem was i had a heated arguement with my lad who is 15 years old and in his spite he removed all my pipes from my unit to try and prove a point, which ironically backfired on him but anyway to the point.

i contacted PureFreedom for a diagram to re-pipe the unit and they sent me one, unfortunately it turns out they sent me the wrong diagram and now i feel as though the damage has been done due to the unit being piped in the wrong manner as per the drawing they originally sent me.

when i contacted them again the tech guy said he sent me the wrong diagram by mistake but the system was fired up regardless, so my point is...if the water was going in the wrong way how much damage has been done to the membranes before they sent me the correct diagrams to correct the error.

at this point it just seems as though to me the membranes are contaminated now beyond repair, but i could be wrong.thoughts....

it is now 19:21hrs and i have just took another reading and it is still @43ppm

i know i should of been more forthcoming with the truth on how i arrived at this point, but the damage has been done now, no point crying over spilt milk.

my question is this:

Is it PureFreedoms fault for sending the wrong diagram or what? should they send me a new set of membranes or what?

are the current membranes beyond repair now or what?

or should i just let it run over the weekend and see if the readings do indeed lower?

This is the diagram that purefreedom sent me and my actual unit fitted just like the diagram:

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

@Smurfthe problem is not the lever or position of the lever, besides my lever is NOT the same as yours, it's made up of 2 parts.

the problem was i had a heated arguement with my lad who is 15 years old and in his spite he removed all my pipes from my unit to try and prove a point, which ironically backfired on him but anyway to the point.

i contacted PureFreedom for a diagram to re-pipe the unit and they sent me one, unfortunately it turns out they sent me the wrong diagram and now i feel as though the damage has been done due to the unit being piped in the wrong manner as per the drawing they originally sent me.

when i contacted them again the tech guy said he sent me the wrong diagram by mistake but the system was fired up regardless, so my point is...if the water was going in the wrong way how much damage has been done to the membranes before they sent me the correct diagrams to correct the error.

at this point it just seems as though to me the membranes are contaminated now beyond repair, but i could be wrong.thoughts....

it is now 19:21hrs and i have just took another reading and it is still @43ppm

i know i should of been more forthcoming with the truth on how i arrived at this point, but the damage has been done now, no point crying over spilt milk.

my question is this:

Is it PureFreedoms fault for sending the wrong diagram or what? should they send me a new set of membranes or what?

are the current membranes beyond repair now or what?

or should i just let it run over the weekend and see if the readings do indeed lower?

here is the drawing purefreedom sent me:
let it run mate, i dont know why they would have a diagram with the system piped up wrong, but anyway... you will probably find the readings to come down, if they dont there is a couple of things you could try.
james

let it run mate, i dont know why they would have a diagram with the system piped up wrong, but anyway... you will probably find the readings to come down, if they dont there is a couple of things you could try.
james
Hi james,

well it seems that the readings haven't moved in the last hour and considering how much water has been wasted i'm concerned.

what couple of things can i try?

it is a possibility that one of the o rings on your membranes have peeled back when they were installed. if you like i could talk you through how to check this

yes mate!

when you take them out check to see if the o rings have gone baggy, if they are that would suggest that they have peeled back. when you insert them again, rub a small amount of grease or vasoline on the o rings and twist the membranes slowly when you re insert them.

any luck?
Yes james,

i have just taken all 3 membranes out and checked the rubber seals, they wern't damaged in any way or folded over so i just wiped them dry quickly and put vasoline on the seals and carefully replaced each of them.

just fired it back up and took a quick reading, it read 69ppm, gonna wait 30 mins or so and re-take a reading.

@Johnny Bravo

membranes have been replaced in the correct way they came out of so yeah thanks for the tip there sir, also the tap reading is = 510ppm

i would put it down to water pressure mate, get yourself a booster, i dont think that the membranes will be damaged, your TDS is very high and tap pressure is very low, they do perfom on pressure.

you could post or email me a picture of your system so i can check to see if you have done anything wrong,

god that's high, I was crying cause mine was 16+, your reading should go down to around 50 tds after about 10-15 minutes, you may be best with either 2 10 inch di vessels connected togeather , use good resin, or if funds allow buy an 11 litre or more di vessel from ebay, to bring it to 000 reading, or ring vyair , phil. tell him your dielema and he will advise what is best for you, look on vyair website they have a 3 number to ring. this is there main bussines. get a good nights sleep. wait till morning and phone him for peace of mind

a booster pump from vyair will cost £80 delivered in 2 days. a booster pump will help a lot, phil will give you all the advice needed, this booster pump has increased my 300 ro speed totally. used to take 50-60 minutes to fill 1 , 25 litre drum, now it takes 60 minutes to fill 2 drums.

Back