Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shortening a pole.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ive done it on my clx as the ends were worn an spinning when fully extended i cut about 4 inch off the last 3 sections b no different doing it to a carbon pole dont saw pull the blade towards u till it goes throu then rotate section an do the same till its choped off use a juner hack saw

It's 2.4m at its shortest. I'm sick to death with struggling with it. When I bought it I didn't have all you guys to ask advice . As you do sometimes, I learnt the hard way.

I just made sure it would fit in the car, didn't think about how awkward and clumsy it would be.

It's 2.4m at its shortest. I'm sick to death with struggling with it. When I bought it I didn't have all you guys to ask advice . As you do sometimes, I learnt the hard way.I just made sure it would fit in the car, didn't think about how awkward and clumsy it would be.
You have ladders on the roof of your car? Lie your pole on them and hold it down with a bungie cord when driving between jobs. That's what I used to do.

You can also remove sections that you don't use very often so you end up with a smaller lite pole. The sections you don't use when needed can be just put back on. That's one of the main reasons why I have my pole hoses running on the outside of my poles.

You could also make a diy tube pole holder made up of drain pipe if you wanted to stick your poles in too.

You can also remove sections that you don't use very often so you end up with a smaller lite pole. The sections you don't use when needed can be just put back on. That's one of the main reasons why I have my pole hoses running on the outside of my poles.
You could also make a diy tube pole holder made up of drain pipe if you wanted to stick your poles in too.
I like the idea of having the hose on the outside. Do you have it running down the outside of the pole or just let it hang. That would solve 2 issues.

How many sections does it have and is this your everyday pole for 2 storey work?
Only gets used once or twice a week. But it could be my everyday one if I could easily add and remove sections( 8 sections) goes upto 57 foot.

My everyday pole is glass fibre.

Try taking the sections off you don't need (a pair at a time) that way you will only need to take off the stop tape off only one section per pair to be able to put them back on without having to disassemble the clamps each time. Be warned though when you extend the sections without the stop tape too much they can come out.

The pole hose just goes on the outside of the pole and you can either let it hang down, twist it around the top of the pole a hold the it at the bottom when gripping the pole.

Here is a pole that is designed to work that way so sections can be removed when not needed

[media]

[/media]

I cut the end off a CF pole with no problems. Just marked the pole and cut with a hacksaw. It was a wrapped CF pole, not extruded.

A simple easy job.

Thanks everyone. gonna take 200mm off it to make it easier to use, and it's still big enough for the higher jobs I have.Put the hose on the outside. And split it in 2. So I have an everyday carbon pole. And easy add on for the odd days I need it.

Back