Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemonkey

i dont really like cleaning windows, bores me, i prefer knocking and dealing with all the other Swear word!, so am thinking, i got a nice little round that generates about 1800 for about 16 days a week, working 9-3 ish at most,

am thnking of taking some one on full time 30 hours a week at £6.50 a hour ie mon - fri 9-3 as this will allow me to spend more time knocking, getting more commercial, and sort out invoices, thinking of doing this and only working part time when needed, and move the business forward

what do you guys think, any tips?

16 days a week? U must be busy lol..

Window cleaning is boring, but need to pay the bills. One thing I would say make sure you get someone who appreciates the job, who will respect that's it's your business and that will be committed to delivering a quality service.. Letting him work away could maybe lose you work if the job isn't satisfactory, or he would try and edge his way into your work.. ( I'd say hire someone you don't know, friends you will end up fighting with )

Good idea and could work.. Then hire 2 people and so on..

i can cram all my work in to 2 weeks (10 days) if i can be bothered, but have been doing this for 3 years now and to be honest i am ready to walk away from it all, as it bores me that bad,

regard paying the bills, i can afford to live on what my wife earns, and tax credits, as cleared all our bils when we moved 3 years ae go

i am getting to the point where i would rather work in a warehouse for 40 hours a week and not be this bored

To be honest I think you would be more bored working 40hrs p/w in a factory! I would anyway.

If you can live off wifes wage, then you're still gonna make £1000 p/m of your worker, then sounds like a no-brainer to me, go for it.

If you're that fed up then give it a try. If it doesn't work out after a year say, then sell the round.

i dont really like cleaning windows, bores me, i prefer knocking and dealing with all the other Swear word!, so am thinking, i got a nice little round that generates about 1800 for about 16 days a week, working 9-3 ish at most,

am thnking of taking some one on full time 30 hours a week at £6.50 a hour ie mon - fri 9-3 as this will allow me to spend more time knocking, getting more commercial, and sort out invoices, thinking of doing this and only working part time when needed, and move the business forward

what do you guys think, any tips?

Have you got lots of money in the bank ,have loads of holidays, a big house, got a good pension if not keep getting bored until you have got all the above you are not going to earn as much working 40 hours a day in a factory

if your wife earns enough just get someone to work with pay them about 7-8 an hour just make sure its someone you get on with and have a laugh with i was in one really **** job for nearly 18 month but the lad i use to work with was a great laugh got on well so didnt matter he left then a month later i ended up leaving as i remembered how **** the job was

How can you enjoy canvassing I hate it, good luck with whatever you decide mate hope it all goes well

that was the plan, work part time, have a lad full time and do all the knocking, the prob is finding some one who isnt a idiot

I will work for you but i need to take home £80 a day after tax to cocer my bills. This is why im starting up myself because £7 an hour is never enough for my bills, the companys i have worked for loved what i did for them me and another lad was doing £500 a day for my boss !!!

sounds like a plan its your bussiness do as you see fit

wont hert to give it a go when u find a good lad

Bluemonkey, have fallen off your ladders or something!!!

I have spent 16 yrs working in a warehouse-FORGET IT!

In the early yrs it was quite a good laugh, with a good group of bods to work with and reasonable money but then started to go downhill with sh@@@ like tight deadlines,picking stats,KPI's and high pressure being the buzz words.Also the warehouse's are now overrun by Borats, with most of the work only going through parasite agencies.I left in the end as no job is worth having a stroke/heart attack over!

I like to think you have more about you than bust your B@@@S for £6 nothing an hour while the agency cleans up.I'm well jealous bluemonkey - hope I can get my act together and have a round that will allow me to pay for roof/food and some spare money in my pocket.I'd be happy with this until I fall off my ladders!

Lucky B@@@@@@ !

Latest Posts

Back