Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Flyers - What do you think?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Evening all, just had some new flyers designed, what do you think. Thoughts welcomed.
Looking good. Alot of information which can be a good or a bad thing depending on customer. Good luck!

I don't how near you are to you round capacity, but as soon as I realised I was near 70% I new that I needed to simplify what frequency I offered. 4 weeks is too often for me/my custys. I personally now only offer 6,12weeks or one off, but when I started I would do whatever just to get the custys (which I still would recommend to a new starter) Hope they are successful mate:thumbsup:

Personally I see you are a trad cleaner by your leaflet. If you do both then you need to show that visually.

As @Poles Apart has alluded to, I would also serious look at your frequency schedule tbh. In the future when you get a full round, those 6 weekly are going to get very confusing and loose you a lot of time. You are going to get 6 and 8 weekly cleans which will leave you with a right scheduling headache.

IMHO you either need 4 and 8 weekly or 6 and 12 weekly, not both or a mixture of the two.

It's a good tactic of you want bi monthlys offering a slightly higher price that's what I do. But ditch the 6 weekly fir obvious reasons

There's a 3 second rule on a flyer from the time it's picked up & possibly binned. Yours my friend has way too much writing on it & this makes the brain confused hence in the bin. KISS keep it stupidly simple.. Don't get me wrong it's nice & colourful & has all the info in there but it's the 3 second rule.. BINNED!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There is only a proven 1% return rate from every 1,000 flyers distributed.. The idea is to offer a deal, its called a "prompt" i.e. First clean is Free or a fixed price of £10. It's like a call to action.. Buy 2 get 1 free..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm inclined to go with @Alec. You just need enough info to grab their attention but not to answer everything. I'm not sure pricing has a place on a leaflet but that's me. If you answer everything you have nothing left for them to contact you and you will never know how much interest your leaflet has generated.

Prices from £... might be OK but even then it gives the impression that they will be much higher. I prefer the expression 'competitive pricing' or ask us for a competitive quote. Another way it to compare it with something else that has perceived value such as a bottle of wine. The same bottle of wine can cost anything from £5 in the supermarket to £20 in a restaurant. Its a tag that gives the impression of getting good value for a low price without mentioning the price or where its purchased from. There are probably better examples you can think of.

For example. In the 1980's Ford sold the 1.6i Laser in South Africa. It was a Mazda 323 in essence. It was pitched against the Opel Kaddet 1.6i and a few others such as the VW Golf. It was the slowest 0 - 62 mph (0 - 100kmh) in its class. All the others manufacturers were claiming exact times ie 0 -100kms in 8.4 secs etc. The Ford Laser was +2 secs off the best at around 10.6 secs. They couldn't advertise that time as it put their offering in a bad light. So they advertised it as 0 to 100 in one deep breath. That was fast!/emoticons/wink.png

Ford sold a lot of cars on that advert of acceleration as very few ever checked the actual times. Their heads already told them it was fast so enough said. But how long is a deep breath?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found the expression 'Bi-Monthly' to be considered by most as twice monthly, not 2 monthly or every other month. When I once offered a 'bi-monthly' service to one lady, she thought I meant she would get two cleans a month for the slightly higher price, thus making a big saving. She must have thought she was on to a good thing.

I would therefore respectfully suggest that 4,8, or 12 weekly would be a better way to put it.

Back