Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tap for pole hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I cannot understand having a tap by the brush. Every window you go to do you have to drop the brush turn it off move to the next window turn it on extend the pole & clean. You must use the same flow for cleaning as rinsing. I use less water to clean then I do to rinse but surely it's much easier to have tap in your hand or next to you to turn water on or off rather then keep having the pole up & down.

Ive had the tap on the pole by my hand all day and it's perfect

Used even less water than normal when i have to bend down to turn the tap off

sometimes id just bring the whole pole down fully to turn tap off and move on and back on when cleaning next window.

believe me youn become an expert at it.

if the pole is fully extended to clean high windows id just use the lower tap fitted onto the beginning of my reel to turn waterflow on+ off

I'm liking my tap on the bottom section now

Finish window and turn tap.with the hand that is right next to it

The loop takes getting used to but it is fine

I'm liking my tap on the bottom section nowFinish window and turn tap.with the hand that is right next to it

The loop takes getting used to but it is fine
I keep meaning to do this. I must have girly thumbs because they're hurting from keep kinking the hose :sad:

How you getting on with it now @Adams0211 ?Been using it on customers yet?
I've been getting on alright mate thanks. Had no complaints so I must be doing something right. It sounds a bit sad but I've been really enjoying it and I don't miss the ladders.

After so many years ladders were almost part of me and no hassle tonuse but it's amazing how quick you go off them once you get the wfp bug

What you doing just tops or the whole lot wfp?

I'm not about tomorrow but let me know when you're next going to get water and I'll meet you up there and show you my tap set up and hose reel

May be easier for you that way than kinking the hose and carrying backpack round

I started out saying I was going to just do tops but that lasted about two houses :rof:

I had family stuff I had to deal with at the start of the week so I've only been at it properly for a couple of days. I've already managed to drag my hose through dog **** but it's all good other than that.

I'm not about tomorrow but let me know when you're next going to get water and I'll meet you up there and show you my tap set up and hose reelMay be easier for you that way than kinking the hose and carrying backpack round
Nice one mate. I was up there this morning but I'll give you a shout at the start of next week.

I'm back to being an outie again as the hose on the inside was dragging :turd: up the pole

The tap is still attached to the bottom though

Don't know how you guys put up with that all the time

I'm both lol

Trying something else now

So i can clean the pole easily but not have a big loop of hose either

@daveyboy1 I don't understand why you don't have a john guest T connection at your brush so there's no hose on it. Then yer hose you unreel it how much you need & connect it to the john guest bit. When finished just unclipping & reel up. Simple. Open pole full whack and lay hose next to it & 3ft past bottom of pole cut it & fit in your tap. It's in your hand & when you reel up it stays on hose on the reel.

I do have a john guest connection at the brush

I just like the idea of having it inside but being able to split it also

Just trying things to see which i get on with best

Had it 1 way for 4 months now time to try others..only way to find what works best for me

Back