Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean using tap water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Any thoughts on using tap water for fist clean followed by pure water. Possibly saving a fortune in costs.
How do you i visage getting tap water to the brush? Rig up to outside tap or tap water in a barrel for trolley use? Pure isn't that expensive to make :thumbsup:

Not a great idea if you are on about window cleaning especially if it's in a hard water area

Straight from tap to my Microbore hose reel. Forgot to mention the time it takes to produce pure water to take that into account

I use tap water on conservatories sometimes, mainly on the plastics etc, followed by pure, but I wouldn't on normal window cleaning jobs.

Not a great idea if you are on about window cleaning especially if it's in a hard water area
Sorry meant to mention mainly for the frames and not the windows. I know that hard water can damage glass, but as a one off, I don't think it will cause a problem, especially as you would use pure water straight after using tap.

I couldn't see using hard water a problem aslong as you go over it with pure quickly after and rinse very well. Cause if not you will leave scale marks all over the windows. .. tut tut tut !

its funny this post coming after the day I had....me tapped all the fascia gutters as you do and decided to just tap the frames as well as I went round...

before they were dry I pured em and they are the :turd: glass and I no expert but I am trying...

I was not so happy afterwards with the result..

as there were still specs of pure I mainly micro clothed em clean but it it the second time I have not been happy with the result after using tap ...I dont think there will be a third...

I do keep em wiped when I normally trad em ...

dont get all this with first cleans

had one the day windows really stinking , pure water just cleaned them no problem

trad the insides they all came up easy peasy great

The whole point of using pure is, it cleans better without leaving marks. Using tap water is adding contaminates. Saying that. Its ideal for rinsing **** away. I clean cony using virosol and tap water to start. Then use pure. Tap water is ace for rinsing gutters etc but I always use pure on windows and frames. Your not going to use gallons on those

i did a big house that had never been done used tap water and ubick to get the majority of the grime of then gave them a good going over with the pure they looked good .I do the shop signs with tap water too

Back