Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To Raise The Price After First Clean ?!

S

sdrah

recently I've got a new customer - a a kind of caravan site / holiday homes - which consists of 40 units. All the units has different sizes and obviously number of windows vary .

Counting all windows it was almost impossible as I got lost on the site : ) I just thought a 4-5 quid for outside will be ok - the landlord didnt want to pay more than £4 per unit (£8 inside and out) - and I agreed .

No ladder to carry - only bucket .

After 2 days of hard work (trad) - all Ive got is £220 - 7hrs a day

I have to say that I am not an experienced window cleaner - however £110 per day seems not enough ? is because of my experience or the work was under-priced ?

What I noticed i s- I can do 4-5 units per hr , which is £20 - but when I mix inside and outside windows - then it takes me longer ...

How do you charge for inside ? I thought same price as is the same window ?!

anyway - shall I keep going for a while or to ask for a new price ?

thanks a lot

I'd say if you asked for more money they will tell you to forget about it.. How often are these cleaned? Inside & out every time?

Now if your only new to the game speed will come. But £110 is a good start, for handy walking and cleaning. £220 for 14 hours work? Where else would you get that?

Some people I charge same as outside, some I charge 1.5 the outside.. If I know they smoke I'll ask for 2 times... Inside windows can take a lot longer than outside so shouldn't really be the same as an exterior clean

outside monthly - inside every two months .

thank you

PS : I'm ok with 220 for 14 hrs - I just saw on ebay someone selling his round and he mentioned that earns 260 per day : )

£260 a day /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tend to charge the same for the insides as outside. I should charge more really, but it's a bad habit I've got into. Bloody hate it when you have to move ornaments and stuff to get to the glass. If a custy wants their insides doing they could at least move the **** out of the way.

And no I wouldn't entertain putting the price up. Maybe leave it a year.

don't compare your services to someone on ebay claiming to make £260 a day.

he'll either be bigging himself up to raise the price of his sale on ebay or he will have extra people helping him - turnover might be £260 but he might only walk away with the same as you.

at £220 for 2x7 shifts i would say thats good going.

number one rule is charge double for insides, i do now because i had doing inside homes. if they accept then its a bonus.

when i go to a job i look at how long it will take me to do it and how many windows. then i say for eg: £20 a hr is my target id charge them 10-12 quid for a 30 min job.

I look after park home sites for ad-hoc work when new units arrive and landscaping is completed I charge £55 per exterior deep clean.

Also charge for regular monthly window cleaing £10 outside for private and rentals (when required). Inside window cleaning is usualy charge more for private but £10 for rentals.

At the end of the day if you are happy with a lower rate then it's still work. So better to have it and when work picks up you can decide what rubbish jobs you can afford to drop. That way you will end up earning more for your time.

Then when you get asked to do work at a silly low price you can turn it down.

Back