Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

clx 18 and backpack

tony1

I was looking at the gardiner clx 18 and was wondering would it be long enough for fascia and soffit cleaning?

Also the gardiner backpack the green hose and clx which brush should I go for for just upper windows I read the sill brush is best for fascia.

And in the menu there are added extras are any of them important if so which ones do I need thanks.

I was looking at the gardiner clx 18 and was wondering would it be long enough for fascia and soffit cleaning?
Also the gardiner backpack the green hose and clx which brush should I go for for just upper windows I read the sill brush is best for fascia.

And in the menu there are added extras are any of them important if so which ones do I need thanks.
Mate, I bought clx18 not long ago (only just starting with wfp). I'm only 5'4" & have done facias on 2 storey houses with it. Fair bit of length to spare.

As for all the other bits, I rang them up as I really wasn't sure what to get. Lady on the phone was really helpful & talked me through the options. I'd give them a call if I were you.

You might want to consider the CL-X22. the extra bit of length can be very helpful when reaching over some conny roofs. It may also put some three story work within your reach.

I am going to go for the clx 22 I still can't decide on the damn brush so many different opinions everywhere. Will the super lite medium mixed do the job as ure first brush. I do have leaded windows here also modern leaded I should say is that brush ok to use on those windows?

I am going to go for the clx 22 I still can't decide on the damn brush so many different opinions everywhere. Will the super lite medium mixed do the job as ure first brush. I do have leaded windows here also modern leaded I should say is that brush ok to use on those windows?

Which brush?

The Super-Lite Medium Mixed you have mentioned is a good all-round brush and our most popular brush - it would be a fine place to start, however it is not the 'best brush' for each of the jobs mentioned, but then no one brush would be.

Fascia and Soffit Cleaning

1st Choice - Sill Flocked - The Super-Lite® Radius Sill Brush - Single Trim - Flocked Bristles Gardiner Pole Systems

2nd Choice - Universal Medium/Soft - Universal™ Medium-Soft Brush - Sill & Universal Brushes - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles & Brushes - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Leaded Windows

1st Choice - Ultimate Flocked - The Gardiner Ultimate™ Medium Soft Brush Gardiner Pole Systems

2nd Choice - Super-Lite 0° Flocked - Super-Lite® Brush - 0° Splay - Flocked Bristles - Super-Lite® Brushes - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles & Brushes - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

If you want just one brush to start out with then I would probably recommend the Ultimate Medium/Soft brush - The Gardiner Ultimate™ Medium Soft Brush Gardiner Pole Systems Why? It cleans glass very well so is a great first brush to have a go with. It also has shorter bristles than the Super-Lite brush so is slightly better suited to leaded windows and will do a good cleaning job without catching or jumping too much. It also will be OK for Fascia, Soffits and Gutters on the odd occasion as well.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Brush_Guide_Chart_Jan_2017.pdf

I only use two brushes for windows.

1. Ultimate Flock for Georgian, wooden frames and leaded

2. All other windows ultimate medium soft.

Everyone's round is different and 50% of mine is wooden frame and leaded windows so if I only had one brush I would chose the ultimate flock as more universal for my needs.

thanks alex that was real helpful!

@ Den And how do you find the medium soft on the wooden frames or leaded windows?

The flock is much smoother on leaded and feels more gentle than the medium soft, but I do like the medium soft my advise would be to buy both if funds can stretch

Latest Posts

Back