Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose Pipe Ban

brianroberts569

You know whats going to happen dont you? We have had so much rain the whole country is full, theres no more room for any more rain. But come April/May next year they will be crying "hose pipe ban". My query is, what do we do? Are we allowed to fill up our tanks? The only reason i am asking is that i was not working with pure water last time we had a ban.

it doesnt effect wc, as if it applied to business, most business wpuld have to shut and sue the water board for loss of earning

i just tell suty i pay a lot more for my water as i am on commercial rate

Why worry about it....I say live for today as life is way too short for us old folk to worry about things we can't control /emoticons/biggrin.png

By the way no hose pipe ban has ever stopped me to date /emoticons/wink.png

You know whats going to happen dont you? We have had so much rain the whole country is full' date=' theres no more room for any more rain. But come April/May next year they will be crying "hose pipe ban". My query is, what do we do? Are we allowed to fill up our tanks? The only reason i am asking is that i was not working with pure water last time we had a ban.[/quote']

It doesnt affeect businesses /emoticons/smile.png dont worry about it /emoticons/smile.png

He hose pipe ban last year was only a class 3 drought , so didn't effect us at all, then if it is a class 2 drought then we have to cut back a bit, like upstairs wfp downstairs trad, class 1 drought then we can't use wfp.
http://www.cleaning-matters.co.uk/stories/articles/-/newsletters/2012/march2012/hosepipe_ban_implication_for_window_cleaners/
It's your right to earn a living.

I would like to see Veolia Water try and prosecute someone for going about their business earning a living.

And if your using Harvested Water etc....they can't do naff-all about it anyway.

Yep u can be wfp and if u get pulled say its harvest /emoticons/tongue.png they cant prove it haha

It's your right to earn a living.
I would like to see Veolia Water try and prosecute someone for going about their business earning a living.

And if your using Harvested Water etc....they can't do naff-all about it anyway.
Yer it is, but that's why there are 3 classes of drought, if class 3 drought happens, that means you can't use wfp and have to use trad method, you can still work!!

To be in a drought means there has been no rain, so you can't harvest water without the rain. South think it would beveasy to prove that you are not using rain water!!!

.He hose pipe ban last year was only a class 3 drought , so didn't effect us at all, then if it is a class 2 drought then we have to cut back a bit, like upstairs wfp downstairs trad, class 1 drought then we can't use wfp.
http://www.cleaning-matters.co.uk/stories/articles/-/newsletters/2012/march2012/hosepipe_ban_implication_for_window_cleaners/

Yer it is, but that's why there are 3 classes of drought, if class 3 drought happens, that means you can't use wfp and have to use trad method, you can still work!!
To be in a drought means there has been no rain, so you can't harvest water without the rain. South think it would beveasy to prove that you are not using rain water!!!
1) First of all....get you facts right :rolleyes: .

Which is it class 3 or class 1.

It wasn't me who mentioned not using rain water.

2) And if you want to get funny about it, so can I......

I know what it means to be in a drought......

Soooo, you harvest water when it is raining and store it in large tanks...not exactly rocket science is it.

And for your information, I am building the same system as my mate, which is 5 (that's five) 1000ltr tanks for the harvesting of rain water.

RC by name..... don't be arsey by nature /emoticons/tongue.png

1) First of all....get you facts right :rolleyes: .Which is it class 3 or class 1.

It wasn't me who mentioned not using rain water.

2) And if you want to get funny about it, so can I......

I know what it means to be in a drought......

Soooo, you harvest water when it is raining and store it in large tanks...not exactly rocket science is it.

And for your information, I am building the same system as my mate, which is 5 (that's five) 1000ltr tanks for the harvesting of rain water.

RC by name..... don't be arsey by nature /emoticons/tongue.png
1 ok got them the wrong way round on the second post, class 3 ok to work in with wfp, class 1 drought not ok to use wfp.

2, not getting funny. so you store 5000lts, if the average wfp guy uses say 500lts, some more some less, that's only 10 days work, so if it don't rain for a month, or your not collecting enough to replace the water you use in a day then it's no good.

Some people have more than one van to fill, so unless you have several swimming pools with rain water in then rain harvesting isn't a that good.

But as I can never see us ever going to a class 1 drought then non of this topic is anything to worry about.

Yep u can be wfp and if u get pulled say its harvest /emoticons/tongue.png they cant prove it haha
And they ask to see your harvesting set up H?
Last year in parts of country it came close to wfp being banned as everyone knows, it was discussed on here enough and a lot of windies were pooping themselves.

I don't think you know what your banging on about.
Actually I do. Spoke to water companies to find out where we stand during the drought last year and that's what they say,
Plus anyone knows if it don't rain you can't fill up rain water harvesting containers.

Personally I use 500lts a day, so would need 10,000lts just for a month, that's without filling the other van I have sometimes!

It doesnt affeect businesses /emoticons/smile.png dont worry about it /emoticons/smile.png
You can laugh H but even I know class 2 ban & you have to cut down which means you have to trad. And believe me I bet they can tell a difference between harvested water.
RC is right about this.

Am I right in saying that those who have business rates arn't effected?

But theres alot here and out there who just go by there own domestic rates, surely they would be effected by a hose pipe ban if one came into force?

Am I right in saying that those who have business rates arn't effected?
But theres alot here and out there who just go by there own domestic rates, surely they would be effected by a hose pipe ban if one came into force?
If it ever gets that bad then every company that uses water has to look to ways in saving water and cutting down in water use.

But can't ever see it get that bad.

unless you have several swimming pools with rain water in then rain harvesting isn't a that good.
Nope...just the one swimming pool /emoticons/tongue.png .

And thanks RC /emoticons/wink.png ......you've just reminded me that I have a bit of maintenance to do around the pool and gardens.

It's so easy to forget these chores during the Winter months /emoticons/smile.png.

Bring on the sunshine and lazy days by the pool B) ,

Back