Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Argh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

‘M’ what was it that snapped?

Can’t you remove the clamp lever completely? You could get better access to remove the broken part, whatever it is.

Richard

Mike @ Facelift
He Pm'ed me a couple days ago, and so did Stephen Fox, both of whom are helping me with the same prob as yours.

i even went to the trouble of asking them to PM you too Marc!

If they havent you should PM them!

G.
I phoned facelift and left a message, i messaged Stephen on here too. I also contacted aqua-adaptor. No answer or reply from any of them.

‘M’ what was it that snapped?Can’t you remove the clamp lever completely? You could get better access to remove the broken part, whatever it is.

Richard
This is the replacement part. From where me 2 fingers are: above that is broke. Its just a bit plastic tube thats there.
I did think of that Richard but im scared Ill break the pole taking the clamp off. The parts that left in is stuck really good.

Im not messing around with it, Ill end up snapping it if I look it again.

Im going to lose 68.00-80.00 pound the week I start back due to not having a pole. The following week will be even worse...

and to top it off Ive got your brush here that you loaned to the forums and I cant even use it. I may as well send it on cause its going to take some time before I can get this sorted out. Who to get it next?

View attachment 880

I think you need to cut the pole down where the plastic part is stuck in, and or bore it out to the point you can glue that plastic part in.

I think you need to cut the pole down where the plastic part is stuck in' date=' and or bore it out to the point you can glue that plastic part in.[/quote']Yeah, I dont see why I should have to do it though. Ive not experience in this sort of stuff and its not my fault that there was a fauly part on it.

Not sure if I'm seeing it right Marc cos I'm a tad hung over and can't see straight but, could you get something like a steel/ali brush handle or clothes line prop up inside of pole and hammer that at it from the back. Like I said can't see straight so not sure if thats an option.

let me get this right, its the very top section (the bit that only comes out a bit that is snapped) but the section blow it (no2) is fine, but has the bits stuck in it?

Not sure if I'm seeing it right Marc cos I'm a tad hung over and can't see straight but' date=' could you get something like a steel/ali brush handle or clothes line prop up inside of pole and hammer that at it from the back. Like I said can't see straight so not sure if thats an option.[/quote']Just tried that, nothing happened.
I even managed to get the rest of the broken clip off to see if that wood loosen it. Still nothing, its like its glued in there.

simple solution

1 cut the top section and re glue a new clamp on and fit a new end

2 replace the top 2 sections with an old section of a other pole, if you can

simple solution
1 cut the top section and re glue a new clamp on and fit a new end

2 replace the top 2 sections with an old section of a other pole, if you can
Im going to have to go with option one.

Option to wont work, I think facelift has or is one of the smallest top sections out there.

most poles are the same size, try removing the little top section and the section below, think its no 1 and fit tp section of a xtel or something

most poles are the same size' date=' try removing the little top section and the section below, think its no 1 and fit tp section of a xtel or something[/quote']Im sure I read some where facelift had the smallest top section there is or one of. I really doubt it would fit nor do I have thet part of a pole. I would rather just buy another section thats meant for it rather than mix and match poles. It would no doubt effect its weight and overall performance too

Haha, I did it, thanks to Mr Gardener. Dodger I did what suggested but I didnt do it hard enough. I didnt want to break the pole but It was suggested that I use more force.
I just need a new clip and some glue.

Marc never put you down as limp wristed /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

haha if all else fails get the hammer out, if that fails hit it harder. Glad ya sorted M, now get that brush on some glass it's had it's xmas hols now /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back