Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

looking at this

It does have the advantage of all the kit arriving at once & from one place but the backpack has a divided reputation (breaks easily for some but is robust for others) the pole is aluminium & you can get a lighter carbon composite from Gardiners for same price, the DI vessel + resin you can likely get cheaper elsewhere. I dunno if there is a handy video or guide on the forum showing how to get started in setting up WFP equipment.

I know there is a tds meter in the kit, but before you leap into WFP you need to know what the tds of your water supply is.

So the first thing you need to buy is a tds meter from a reputable WFP supplier (fakes about). If your tds is high, then purifying water with resin only is very costly.

Secondly, what do you envisage doing with WFP. That backpack is 25 litres which is heavy when full. I struggle with an 18 litre one my son uses and you are still carrying the other containers.

This appears to be all about starting WFP cheaply - better to do an indepth review of what you want to do and how many litres of water you will need a day.

A friend of mine had his van written off by a Polish vehicle. It took ages for the insurance to sort him out. He was forced to go down the trolley route. He bought a second hand PureFreedom Trolley, and after a couple of days fixed the trolley into his car with his extra barrels and used the trolley as a pumping station through his existing hose reel. He is younger and stronger than I am but the effort required was too much even for him.

WFP is not about buying the cheapest equipment, its about buying the best equipment you can afford that will adaquately do the job without having to upgrade in a few months time.

Thanks for replys so far its all been really interesting looking into wfp oh here in Nottingham tds is approximately 250ppm but im after something portable for know until if I need a van setup later on but for now I just want something that I can work with, wfp for top windows and high one's and trad for bottom.

Ive been watching ebay to see if there is a second hand one knocking about.

hi mate im just venturing into the wfp world and know absolutely nothing but ive so far decided on the diy trolley route so i know how to sort it if any probs and cheaper than whats about for sale, mark munro made a fair few videos on youtube about his and they cost around £120 for all the main bits for the trolley ive just ordered mine.

now ive got a 600 ltr tank for pure water and i checked my ppm which is only 80ppm in my area and im hearing from most people that i only need di resin so thats the thing im looking into now and im reading on poles etc whats an all rounder good starter to go with so i'll let you know how i get on but im on a budget with an outlook that when i get a van and build up my wfp side of work i'll upgrade many parts etc but i think i'll probably stick with trolley and build a few if they go ok.

take a look at mark munro on youtube,many interesting helpfull vids, worth it if your hand with tools and fancy building a system!

Cheers for that to be honest I'd prefer to make my own to for the same reasons as you buy with hoses and connectors etc etc I havent a clue.

From what I've found out I can run a hose connect a di vessel and fill my 25ltr drums with pure but havent a clue if that's it or straight forward.

Cheers for that to be honest I'd prefer to make my own to for the same reasons as you buy with hoses and connectors etc etc I havent a clue.
From what I've found out I can run a hose connect a di vessel and fill my 25ltr drums with pure but havent a clue if that's it or straight forward.
Yes you can but the cost of resin is going to be sky high. With a TDS of the amount you have, an R/O is recommended. My son uses his 18 litres on a small/medium 3 bed semi. He has an Aquadapter and saves additional water by wetting the glass, switching flow off, scrubbing glass, and then switching flow on to rinse.

While it is difficult to know how much water you will use, this may give you an idea. Only you know your round. We use WFP for everything and he uses about 250 litres a day.

Look at this to help you what costs could be from just using resin

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/Resin Calculator.htm

That trolley that mark m has done is a decent bit of kit, do it same and youve got a cheap money maker there imo, pole and brush will be deerer than the trolley haha

That trolley that mark m has done is a decent bit of kit, do it same and youve got a cheap money maker there imo, pole and brush will be deerer than the trolley haha
I think this is a really good suggestion.

Thinking now to making my own trolley and just get 30 meters of hose, pole, brush connectors etc(any suggestions for brush)

How much does the resin cost and roughly does it last long?

Thinking now to making my own trolley and just get 30 meters of hose, pole, brush connectors etc(any suggestions for brush)
How much does the resin cost and roughly does it last long?

If you use the resin calculator I put up previously and get a price on MB115 Tulson resin (the same as the Window Cleaning Warehouse link you first put up) then all you will need is the amount of water you are going to purify. The higher your tds is the more resin you will need to purify it which will be more costly.

If you took my son's figures and modified it for tops only, say about 175 - 200 litres a day will give you an idea.

www.daqua.co.uk sell resin as well.

Ahhh I see said the blind man lol I did look at it but havent a clue on usage at the moment.

Can you attach a vessel directly to the trolley or is that noy how it works I.e. tap water in drum and vessel on the line.

Or could you not just use tap water with ettore window wash, thats what I currently use and it ace.

God im rubbish with all this wfp stuff.

Ahhh I see said the blind man lol I did look at it but havent a clue on usage at the moment.
Can you attach a vessel directly to the trolley or is that noy how it works I.e. tap water in drum and vessel on the line.

Or could you not just use tap water with ettore window wash, thats what I currently use and it ace.

God im rubbish with all this wfp stuff.
What you need to do is talk to someone who uses wfp and see his setup. Most window cleaners are happy to help with info and their experiences.

Look for youtube videos and you will glean information so you can make an informed decision.

Latest Posts

Back